2000 H240 SnapFurl CF500 issues

May 18, 2021
Hunter 240 Charleston, SC
Hi, I just got a 2000 Hunter 240 and have been going through it replacing the worn out parts. I just replaced the forestay furler extrusion and the jib halyard is still wrapping around the sail. I know this isn't supposed to happen. I don't know if the sails that came with the boat are correct.

This is the look at the top of the jib. To me it looks as though the sail should be taller. I have more than 2.5' of extrusion visible. Should the leach be more or less in-line with the mast is the sail is a jib? This sail is not more than 100%.

Attachments

Last edited:
Jun 8, 2004
-na -NA Anywhere USA
Picture of entire sail first and how attached to furling drum please.

In the future put your questions on this boat under Hunter Smaller Boats

You have two issues going on

Oct 8, 2016
O'DAY 22 East End Yacht Club
The Schaefer Snapfurl CF500 has this addressed in the manual that comes with it. Also available on the web.
I had a similar issue because I had no previous experience with furlers but going through the manual to really understand what they were trying to tell me helped me quite a bit. You may be able to raise the Tack on the fore sail to take up some of that distance but the real fix would be to put an eye strap on the mast. The Snap furl install manual gives diagrams on the proper mounting of the eye strap. Suncor Stainless Steel Round Eye Strap