1987 Cat 22 Aft through Transom Scupper Drain Leak

Feb 20, 2016
Catalina 22 Palm Harbor
Found the leak under the battery cabinet, The Port side cockpit floor drain that drains out the rear is leaking.
the sleeve that is in this opening is moving. There is no room between the transom and the deck to fit any threaded item to fix this issue
Caulked the gap created by the movement and less water is coming in the cabin storage area under the battery box. Is there a way to remove these sleeves and install a threaded sleeve into the access after the existing sleeves are removed. Something that can be butyl sealed and screwed thign against the interior and exterior face of the transom

Jun 6, 2016
Catalina 275 Wilmette, IL
You probably posted this in the wrong thread as the C275 has an open transom and we will not have this issue. But I did own a '89 Capri 22 and had the same issue with leaking. I happened to have a small tube of 3M 5200 and sealed the inside and outside where the brass sleeve ran through the transom. That took care of my leaking. Unless you have cracks, it should work for you as well. But generally as long as water can not get between the brass sleeve and the gelcoat/glass you should be ok.

Feb 20, 2016
Catalina 22 Palm Harbor
That 3M5200 is hard to work with, especially when covering such a tight to the transom area. Put some white silicone in forard and aft side of the transom.
Should rain today, if still leaking will dig all that out and mess with the 3M product.
Appreciate the help and apologize for landing this is the wrong boat category

Jun 6, 2016
Catalina 275 Wilmette, IL
No problem about where you landed. It didn't take much sealant to seal it as you are only filling in a small space around at the edge of the tube. Silicone will work as well but will fail sooner than 5200. But on the positive side, it is a lot easier to remove. Wish you luck with your repair.

Feb 20, 2016
Catalina 22 Palm Harbor
Rained heavy last night. Going out to check for leak this morning
Appreciate the quick response