1984 h27 Port Replacement

Jan 22, 2008
Hunter 27_75-84 Wilmington, NC
I have just finished replacing the original Gray Industries plastic ports with New Found brass ports. I am offering the old ports, or parts there of, for free, plus shipping. The old ports are the standard 5 x 12 and 7 x 15 (4 of each) for the h27 and are in poor shape. Most have at least 1 crack, but none leaked at the time of removal. I have not cleaned the old ports yet, but will hold them in my garage until April 15, 2019 to see if there is any interest; if no interest they will go to the dump. You may contact me directly at amcmahon@ec.rr.com if interested. Below is pic of new ports in Radiant Beam.
P3110020.JPG

Jan 22, 2008
Good question, it really was the look. There are some disadvantages versus stainless - the SS don't tarnish. The brass tarnish VERY fast. The first one was already turning green by the time I got the second done; and with New Found, the stainless have hinges that hold the glass open at any point, but the brass need a chain holder to hold the glass above the head bumping level. But I love the look and they have a neat little chain devise to hold the glass up.

rmason

May 6, 2009
xcape 1983 ocean springs
Nice job on the ports. Where did you get that forward hatch, mine is a trapezoid shape and yours looks to be square.

Jan 22, 2008
Thanks for good words - A ton of work to install though, after learning on first two, averaged 5-6 hours per port!

Jan 22, 2008
Nice job on the ports. Where did you get that forward hatch, mine is a trapezoid shape and yours looks to be square.
It is square, they sell with flat flange only and it sits nicely on wide flat edge around hatch opening. Installed with butyl and screws maybe 7-8 years ago, been perfect. Lewmar Ocean.