1967 Ericson 26

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 11, 2007
- - San Diego
For What It's Worth Dept.

I bought a '77 Cape Dory 25 that was sitting on a storage trailer. It had been sailed from Seattle to Alaska and then down to San Diego. It weights around 2 tons or a bit more. After $1,800 getting the trailer legal and restrenghtened, I brought it home to totally redo her. The original survey cost me around $200. We worked on her for almost two years. Did everything to her..I mean everything. It's a solid boat and could probably go just about anywhere. My wife and love to sail it. She's 5'2" and I'm 5'11" so in recent months I've decided to get a larger boat with stand up head room. She can get around pretty good inside but it's getting a bit too much for me. It's great for a for few days but that's it for us. Sometimes I just like to sit in the covered cockpit (we have a boom tent) abd just talk with some of our live aboard neighbors. It' s in a slip and about once a year I'll bring her home to upgrade a few items, etc. Can't beat it. Ericsons are pretty good boats but as in everything, a sailboat is full of compromises. I can't remember if they have keel bolts or not but I'd sure check that out and the stringers, also. Mine happemed to have the ballast encapsulated (which is what I was looking for at the time.) I bought an old '94 3/4 ton Chevy pickup, 4x4 with a 350 to haul it. Does o.k. and the 4 wheel drive really comes in handy when trying to get out of a slippery boat ramp. I made a homemade rig to raise the mast. Takes at least two people. Work on the boat can be seen at http://svGladysErzella.photosite.com The Don Casey book was used constantly in the restoration as were a few others. I, too, had to use a smaller engine as the PO had a 9.9 HP but it was a two stroke. We can't buy those in CA. So I went with a 5 Honda with alternator and long shaft. You're lucky in that you don't have to pull it up each time to flush it out. I don't know about insurance as I sent the original survey (which showed two problems) and then a lot of photos showing the completed repairs and the refit. Also, there's a dye I used with the surveyor to check the standing rigging. We found some of the fittings with almost microscopic cracks. I just redid all the rigging and went one size over standard. Hope some of this helps. Repairs, modifications, upgrades can all be done by yourself rather than paying someone else. It's the only way to really learn all the stuff on a boat. Hope this helps. Thanks

Jan 12, 2007
- - Mesa, Arizona
The Commodore's compliments

:) The Commodore sends her compliments and asks that I convey her appreciation to you for understanding the proper pecking order when it comes to boats. But you mustn't destroy the faith of a doting wife in her husband's nautical veracity, for as I have patiently explained to her many times, when J.P. Morgan said "A boat is a hole in the water into which you pour huge sums of money" he was referring only to a 72-foot twin diesel stinkpot. I have had to explain that numerous times because the statement always brings out The Skeptical Eyebrow. But seriously, I'm happy to say that she's as interested in this project as I am. As long as I/we pay off the credit cards first, she's fully behind it. More so than the earlier plan, 30 years ago, to buy a 33-ft Cheoy Lee and sail around the world. She had this problem with putting all of our eggs in one basket with a teak roof that could sink. Never could understand that. But that's why she's the Commodore and makes the big bucks. Your comment about the 200# mushroom anchor and dropping our own mooring brought back a pet peeve of mine: I was amazed when I spent two weeks in Maine on Sebago Lake that houses were built right on the shore, and you could go weeks without seeing a law enforcement boat on the lake. I go all goggle-eyed when I read of places where watercraft are a numerous as cars as a means of transportation. Out here we think of the eastern half of the U.S. as over-regulated and over-governed, yet WE are the ones who can't sail from one end of a lake to the other without passing or being passed by a law enforcement boat pulling someone over, and the thought of even owning property on the banks of any body of water bigger than an above-ground pool is a remote fantasy. I seriously doubt there are any marinas or mooring sites west of the Mississippi that aren't leased to business people by government and heavily regulated. There are certainly no moorings in Arizona; you spend $200-300/month for a slip or you put it on a trailer and haul it out. Maybe I'm overstating the case a little, but that is certainly the impression I get out here. On the other hand, some of this regulation may be warranted; there are a lot of ignorant Adam Henries out here who will destroy any public area they can unless the cops practically sit on them. As for a tender to get out to the boat, we already have one. We have a 16' Sevylor inflatable, and while we won't need it to get to the slip, it will be useful when we anchor in some remote cove to go ashore and barbecue over a campfire and the like. It's kept under our bed, and in 15 years it still hasn't developed a single leak. I think this Ericson 26 or a sailboat very much like it does match our expectations. We definitely like the idea of cooking, fishing, sailing, and (sometimes) motoring with it, and really just kicking back and relaxing on a three-day weekend or two week vacation, and exploring places we've never been. As for the fact that the chores on a boat never end, of course not: If they did, we'd have to make some up. That's part of the boating life, isn't it? The Ericson 26 is a fixed (fin) keel boat. They come in shoal-draft models with a 3'11" draft or standard models with a 4'11" draft. This one has the deeper draft, and we knew there was a good reason to keep that inflatable! I don't know right off if the mast is deck- or keel-stepped. I will doubtless find out when we get close enough to purchasing that I can justify climbing around someone's boat. Thanks for the good wishes and we'll keep you all informed, but don't wear out the baited breath. Unless we win the lottery it will probably be a year before we are ready to seriously start looking. Meanwhile we keep our interest level high with as much research and involvement as we can.

Jan 12, 2007
- - Mesa, Arizona
Re: For What It's Worth Dept.

Thanks for writing, Mexicoman. Your Cape Dory sounds great. That is one of the positives we've found in getting into this: There are a LOT of 25, 26-ft sailboats out there for sale for reasonable prices. If we don't get the one we've looked at so far, there will be another available sooner or later. Hmmm. "Stand-up Headroom." That's something I hadn't thought of. I'm 6'2", and my wife is 5'4. But that's okay; she'll probably do fine and I'll have to duck until we are experienced enough that we, too, are ready for something larger. I appreciate your comments about Ericson boats, and everything I've read seems to agree. Yes, I understand the ballast is encapsulated on the Ericson, which is why I want to haul this one out and look real close for signs of grounding, if we ever get ready to actually buy it. Well, I guess I'd want to anyway. I have a 1987 GMC 4WD Jimmy with a 350, and I'm hoping it will do the job. I've put $11K into it since I bought it for $2400, and that's why our credit cards are maxed out and we can't buy the boat right off the bat. I'm hoping it doesn't nickel and dime us to death -- just yesterday I discovered the bolt holding the bracket for the kickdown linkage to the transmission has sheared off, and I have to figure out some way to extract it and lock that bracket down or the kickdown won't work and the rebuilt tranny will get fried. Someone else asked about the method of stepping the mast on this Ericson 26 we're looking at, and I don't know yet. I'm sure we'll have to figure a way to do it on whatever boat we buy, and it will be easier if we can do it without a crane. You can be sure I will follow your link and examine each photograph with a magnifying glass to learn all I can about repairs and restoration. I don't know if you read other messages, but I just bought the Don Casey book "Inspecting the Aging Sailboat" today, and will eventually buy his big book about repairs. How am I lucky that I don't have to pull the outboard up each time to flush it out? Oh, I see: You're in San Diego and in salt water. Yeah, that would make a difference! We sailed with friends of ours on a Hunter 34' out of Harbor Sailboats at San Diego for our anniversary a couple of years ago, and just loved it. We also slept overnight in it that night, and had to repel boarders in the middle of the night. (Not as exciting as it sounds; we found out the next day the "boarders" were the owner and his son, who knew the boat was rented until the next morning but when he found it in its slip he thought it was done and decided to get a jump on taking it out the next day. Some stuff hit the fan over that.) Yours is a '77 Cape Dory, which is ten years newer than the Ericson we are looking at. I don't know what the cutoff age is for insurance, but the '67 is apparently uninsurable. I hope I don't have to replace the standing rigging right away, we couldn't afford it. We need to set up a reserve fund for the boat for a couple of years before we need to do that. As you say, doing it myself is the way to learn everything about the boat, and that's the way I want to go about it. Thanks for your comments!

Jan 11, 2007
- - San Diego
Mast Raising

Forgot to mention how we settled on our mast raising system. Our mast has steps and now roller furling so it's heavy but not unmanageable. It's awkward because of its length, also. I got a ten foot piece of 2" pipe. At one end I drilled holes and have four eyebolts, one for each direction, installed. I got a huge U Bolt (one that would fit around the mast base and we bolted a pipe base on to it. Then we screwed a one foot piece of pipe into that. Now slide the U Bolt around the mast base. Insert the pipe. Attach the forestay to one of the eyes and the trailer winch strap to the other opposite side eyebolt. The two eyebolts on either side we now run small linked chain from these points down to the aft chainplates. With one person walking the mast up, the other person cranks the trailer winch and slowly raises the mast upright. At the mast base we installed a two pin hinge plate so all we do now is slide in the forward pin and lock it with a ring. We plug in the wires and tighten all the stays. Volia! We are done. Must keep an eye out for hang ups and stays getting hung up on things, though, during the raising process. Not an original idea, just a modified one after we watched a lot of MacGregor and Potter owners raise theirs.

Jan 12, 2007
- - Mesa, Arizona
Re: Mast Raising

Hmmm! I have to admit I'm not visualizing it very well. Would you happen to have any pictures? This is something I'm going to have to deal with sooner or later, so I appreciate your help.

May 24, 2004
Ericson E-23 Smith Mt. Lake
Observations

This has been an interesting thread, and reminds me of some of the questions I had (and their answers) when I bought my '76 E23 five years ago. Some relevant points, in no particular order: 1. The boat is 40 years old. It WILL have some mainenance issues, but all boats do. Just be ready for a few surprises. Ericson's were/are very solid boats, but they competed in the market just like the others and tried to hold down their costs (though not to the extent that the "Chevvies and Fords" did.) 2. The boat and the trailer will weigh more than your tow vehicle. The rule of thumb is don't try to tow something bigger than you are. It is not an issue of power, it is about weight and safety. 3. Check the shackle bolts, pins, etc., before you try to tow, especially if it has been sitting for a while. They can corrode to almost nothing, still look OK, then let go at a bad time. Easy to check - cheap insurance. 4. I suspect the E26 mast is deck stepped. I've seen an E25 mast raised by two people - we (two) regularly raise mine with two guys, and I know a guy who does his alone, but it is a job. It is definitely not something you want to do each time out - in other words, this boat is NOT a trailersailer. It is a trailerable sailboat (just barely). Launching/recovering is something you won't want to do more than once a year - trust me. 5. If you install a mast base hinge and make a bridle, you can probably use the boom for a gin pole and raise the mast using a sheet winch - that is how the 23 and the 25 do it, and they have big, heavy masts. 6. You might get to know some other sailors in the area and just have them look the boat over - they might notice some things you haven't, and at least they could give a general opinion of the boat. It won't be an official survey, but it will only cost you the price of a lunch. And don't expect a survey to be gospel - their quality spans a wide range. A friend of mine who is a well-known delivery skipper has a low opinion of surveyor's findings, based on many years' experience of dealing with them. This is not a blanket condemnation - just a comment that they are human and can miss something that later can be a problem. 7. The price is reasonable for a boat of that age, but 4 hp is inadequate for moving that boat in anything but calm waters. If you end up having to buy another motor for a couple thou, suddenly the investment is much higher. 8. People who don't know sails will look at one and say it is in great condition, when actually it might rate a 3 on a 10 scale. Any scrap of cloth will make the boat move, but if it turns out the sails are poor to marginal, then maybe you are looking at buying other ones in a year or two. Sails for that boat will range from 800 bucks for a couple of so-so used ones to $2000 - $5000 for new. Just something to think about. And it will be very hard to find someone who has used sails for a '67 E26 for sale. 9. Because you will probably have to keep it in a slip, figure in that cost. It will make it much more convenient to take an afternoon sail, and when sailing becomes less convenient, you tend not to go as much. Sailing loses some of its luster when you go not because you want to, but because you feel you have to get some value back out of the boat. DO NOT figure on launching this boat for an afternoon's (or even a weekend's) sail. You might do it once - you won't do it twice.

Jan 12, 2007
- - Mesa, Arizona
Thanks!

I've read your suggestions, and I really appreciate it. I've been doing some research on towing issues on my own, and I've learned that you are right. I have to go back to work now, but I will respond more fully this evening. Thanks, Bob!

Jan 12, 2007
- - Mesa, Arizona
Re: Observations

>This has been an interesting thread, and reminds me of some of the questions >I had (and their answers) when I bought my '76 E23 five years ago. Some >relevant points, in no particular order: :) I kinda had a feeling some people responding were vicariously re-living their own experiences in buying a good ol' boat. I'm glad; I've been very pleased with the experiences revealed in the answers in view of my own lack thereof. >1. The boat is 40 years old. It WILL have some mainenance issues, but all >boats do. Just be ready for a few surprises. Ericson's were/are very solid >boats, but they competed in the market just like the others and tried to hold down >their costs (though not to the extent that the "Chevvies and Fords" did.) Well, sure. But I have to say that I have been astonished by the consistency of favorable attitudes toward the Ericson marque. I don't think I've read a single complaint on any of the forums I have been following, here and elsewhere, that was attributable to any defect in manufacture. >2. The boat and the trailer will weigh more than your tow vehicle. The rule >of thumb is don't try to tow something bigger than you are. It is not an >issue of power, it is about weight and safety. I appreciate you saying that. I've had serious doubts about it, but I admit I've been trying to talk myself into believing my Jimmy was adequate to the task. My mechanic disabused me of that notion yesterday when I asked him how well he thought the Jimmy would do towing a 3-ton trailer. He said, "Well, I reckon it would stretch it out a bit." That view I think might be consistent with the owner of the boat, who said he built the trailer himself, but the boat has only been on it once -- and even then it was being carried piggy-back on a flatbed. I suspected there might be a good reason for that, and my mechanic and you have confirmed it. >3. Check the shackle bolts, pins, etc., before you try to tow, especially if >it has been sitting for a while. They can corrode to almost nothing, still >look OK, then let go at a bad time. Easy to check - cheap insurance. I'll remember to do that. >4. I suspect the E26 mast is deck stepped. I've seen an E25 mast raised by >two people - we (two) regularly raise mine with two guys, and I know a guy >who does his alone, but it is a job. It is definitely not something you want >to do each time out - in other words, this boat is NOT a trailersailer. It is >a trailerable sailboat (just barely). Launching/recovering is something you >won't want to do more than once a year - trust me. It's nice to have my own suspicions confirmed. As for the mast step, I'm really not sure. The original E23 was deck stepped, but the Mark II used a compression post. I would expect that experience would have encouraged Ericson to use a compression post on the E26, since the same mast was used for the E23, E25, and E26. But that's speculation; I won't know until someone who has one tells me, or until I go aboard for an inspection. >5. If you install a mast base hinge and make a bridle, you can probably use >the boom for a gin pole and raise the mast using a sheet winch - that is how >the 23 and the 25 do it, and they have big, heavy masts. Well, it should work for the E26 then. But I think you are right; the boat will be best left in the slip. >6. You might get to know some other sailors in the area and just have them >look the boat over - they might notice some things you haven't, and at least >they could give a general opinion of the boat. It won't be an official >survey, but it will only cost you the price of a lunch. And don't expect a >survey to be gospel - their quality spans a wide range. A friend of mine who >is a well-known delivery skipper has a low opinion of surveyor's findings, >based on many years' experience of dealing with them. This is not a blanket >condemnation - just a comment that they are human and can miss something that >later can be a problem. Hmm. That's not encouraging, given that the cost of a survey is over 12% of the purchase price. But also, given the purchase price, it would have to be something pretty devastatingly expensive to scrub the deal. I've purchased and read Don Casey's "Inspecting the Aging Sailboat", and if I get close to purchase it looks like I should arrange a full day to do my own inspection -- and invite other local sailors to comment. >7. The price is reasonable for a boat of that age, but 4 hp is inadequate for >moving that boat in anything but calm waters. If you end up having to buy >another motor for a couple thou, suddenly the investment is much higher. I pretty strongly suspected that for two reasons. 4-HP just seemed pretty wimpy for a two and three-quarter ton boat to begin with, and then I learned the owner had purchased a 7.5-hp that doesn't fit under the cover. I thought, if the 4-HP was adequate as the owner claimed, then why did he buy a 7.5? Thanks for another confirmation. >8. People who don't know sails will look at one and say it is in great >condition, when actually it might rate a 3 on a 10 scale. Any scrap of cloth >will make the boat move, but if it turns out the sails are poor to marginal, >then maybe you are looking at buying other ones in a year or two. Sails for >that boat will range from 800 bucks for a couple of so-so used ones to $2000 - >$5000 for new. Just something to think about. And it will be very hard to >find someone who has used sails for a '67 E26 for sale. Right. I might not be able to believe the owner, but he says the mainsail is almost new, from a Harrison 27, which has (he says) "an identical sailplan". That is something I would have to get second and maybe third opinions on because I know what makes a sail worn out, but I wouldn't be able to recognize it by looking. The owner does say, in a reverent voice, "It sails like a dream!" But I guess any seller would say that. >9. Because you will probably have to keep it in a slip, figure in that cost. >It will make it much more convenient to take an afternoon sail, and when >sailing becomes less convenient, you tend not to go as much. Sailing loses >some of its luster when you go not because you want to, but because you feel >you have to get some value back out of the boat. DO NOT figure on launching >this boat for an afternoon's (or even a weekend's) sail. You might do it >once - you won't do it twice. Well, you're right about that, and for another reason as well: It's an hour-and-a-half drive to the lake where it is slipped. We'd pretty well decided on keeping the slip, but that's $211 and some change a month. That means we really need EVERYTHING paid off before we get into this. That, in turn, puts off any such deal for at least a year, unless a miracle happens. Yesterday an anti-miracle happened; I took my wife's car in for front brakes and found it needed four tires and a serpentine belt as well. There goes this months' savings. Oh, well! Thank you very much for your observations, Bob, and we will definitely keep them in mind.

Jan 12, 2007
- - Mesa, Arizona
Encouraging

What an encouraging letter! Thank you, Randy. I'm pretty well convinced that if we had the cash on hand, we'd buy this boat in a minute (well, after a haul-out and close personal inspection, anyway). Maybe we will eventually anyway; the owners don't seem to be in any major rush to sell it. Thanks again!

Jan 3, 2007
- - Lakewood Moorage
Oh, and About Power...

I would not dismiss the four horse as inadequate. I was out in 20 knot winds yesterday and did not feel underpowered, even moving straight into a head wind with only about 40% power applied I was still easily able to make way! This is from a 1962 Evinrude 2 stroke that I have got to assume was the original power plant. I had the exact same model and year on the Venture that I sold and I never felt nearly as sure of its performance. The reason that I attribute is the nearly perfect position of the long shaft outboards thrust line with the inboard motor well on this vessel. It may chew up a tiny bit of cockpit space when it is mounted with the cover up but I think that it is a fine match for the boat when the stinkin' thing must run. The big bonus is that it stows nicely in the port cockpit locker when it is not in use. Galvanic corrosion on the 15 never would have been a problem if the previous owner had been able to easily lift the old motor off and stow it right next to where he needed it. But that engine was such a beast that you had to pull the screws out of the hinges for the compartment to clear the back stay to lift the motor out. Time well tell but I like the little old 6 hp and find it easy on the back and plenty fast enough! Randy

Jan 12, 2007
- - Mesa, Arizona
Four-horse

Well, that's interesting! Do you reckon it has anything to do with the Ericson hull being more easily driven?

Aug 16, 2006
Ericson 32 Oregon coast
That's easy

Ericson leans a little more toward preformance than the Venture. Venture is more the generic "introduce you to boating" type boat. Ericson will sometimes sacrifice a little interior room in favor of quality and performance but if you are happy with the amenities you're gunna love the boat!

Jan 12, 2007
- - Mesa, Arizona
Love the boat

I sort of fell in love with the boat when I first saw it. But for lack of ready cash, I pine away. Well, sooner or later I'll get the credit cards paid down and then I'll see what I can do. I really appreciate all the informative comments and suggestions everyone has made. Thanks!

May 24, 2004
Ericson E-23 Smith Mt. Lake
More Power!

Randy, it sounds like you really fell into a good deal, and I am delighted to know that another old Ericson has found the right owner. I have to take mild issue with your comments on necessary horsepower, based on my experience with the E23 and E25 boats. There is a world of difference between the power necessary to push a boat in relatively mild conditions vs. relatively strong adverse conditions. This fall I motored my E23 over to the marina where our club races are based. The winds at that time were sustained over 20 kts and gusts occasionally touched 40, and it was right on the nose for most of the 5 mile journey. My boat, with a strong 5 hp 2-stroke Mercury, was able to move OK, but it took me about 20% longer to get there than it usually does, and when a blast would hit me, the boat almost stopped dead in the water. When I bought the boat it had a 7.5 Evinrude twin (70s vintage) that had noticeably more power, but the boat had been sailed in Chesapeake Bay and I suspect the owner was real glad to have that extra margin. I opted for the Merc just to get the extra weight off the transom (obsessive racer syndrome). Most outboard E25s run a 9.9 and are glad to have it. My brother-in-law's Columbia 28 had a 9.9 and it was very marginal - in chop, with a headwind, it was really a chore to make barely adequate headway. By the way, that motor was mounted in a well, and the fumes it generated were considerable - enough to cause it to run poorly sometimes. We used to prop the cover open just to ventilate it better, and planned to install a positive blower system to air out the well. What I am saying here is that you want your motor to be able to handle the worst conditions you might see (because sooner or later, it will be put to that test), not the best. When you are trying to keep the boat off a rocky lee shore in strong winds with the sun going down and an adverse current is not a good time to find that the motor isn't quite up to the task. Many sailors take their motors for granted and don't give their maintenance and condition much thought, because they don't use them much. But when you think about it, the motor is one of the components you want to be most trustworthy and bulletproof. Ask other sailors in your area with similar sized boats what they consider to be adequate power - it might be that 4 is OK where you are, but I can tell you it is rare to hear a sailor say, "My motor has more power than I need," and very common to hear, "I really could use more power than what I have." Randy, I have sailed a number of times on my brother's Mac 21, mostly on Lake Tahoe. It is a true trailer/sailer - a wonderful boat for weekends exploring different waters, convenient to trailer, rig, and sail. He took it on multi-day trips in the San Juans and north of there - something I would not feel comfortable doing. Your E26, however, was made for such activity and you will love her even more as you get to know her. Check the current issue of Sailing magazine - there is an article on the Ericson 23 in it. Firefly, the saying is "Don't fall in love with the boat 'til after the deal is done," but it is hard not to love an Ericson. You will almost never hear an owner say bad things about his boat - except for Fred F on this site. He had a 29 with a few problems and consequently speaks ill of the brand. I was looking at a Hunter on a trailer the other day that is the same size as my boat - a 23.5 - and a guy came up and oil-canned the hull with the heel of his hand in several places. Try that anywhere on an Ericson. Case closed.

Jan 3, 2007
- - Lakewood Moorage
Power

I will defer to experience here as I am truly learning this boat day by day. I hear exactly what you are saying Bob and it makes a lot of sense. I may well rebuild the lower unit on the 15 or do something else to get more power for sustained motoring. I live two blocks off the lake and now I work on it. I know my little section of the world pretty well and I am probably a little complacent about it. I also know that the world outside of Lake Washington is a different and more dynamic setting than the comparitively sheltered waters that I have sailed here. My observations are probably skewed by my excitement for the new boat. That said, I really feel like the hull design and motor placement make efficient use of the available power. Under sail and under power, the boat moves nicely! Randy

R

Rob Hessenius

Randy

Randy- Congradulations on your new boat! It sounds as though you fell into a sweet deal. To explore the destinations your boat has been will be priceless. I don't want to seem like a know it all, but I think it will be wise to fix up the 15 hp motor. This will give you all the power that you will need. I have a 8 hp Mercury on my E-25 and have wished for more. I'm on an inland lake that gets pretty windy, but I only deal with 3-4 chop waves. My good friend has a Pearson 25 with a 6 hp Mariner and when its blowing he needs every bit just to head into the wind to raise the Main. If the helmsman falls off of the wind, around you go. The first couple of times I loaded up my shorts when this happened. Yes, you can get by with the 6, but you have a 15 that needs a little work. Just keep the repairs of 15 near the top of your to-do list. I pretty much guarentee there will be a real crappy day with your 15hp driving you and you will say, thank you. Rob Hessenius

Jan 3, 2007
- - Lakewood Moorage
I Got The Power

Thank you Rob. I headed the advice of the experienced and am now powered with a nice Merc 15 OB. (The motor gods smiled and a very good friend pulled his low hour engine out of storage and offered it to the cause -what a guy!) It pushes everything along at 6.5 knots and doesn't even have to get very loud do it so I think it is a good match. It is also lighter and so much more compact than the original Johnson 15 that came with the boat that I can lift it in and out of the well easily. There is room behind the companionway for the evinrude 6 to be stowed as a backup. That should be more engine than I can ever hope to need! I think I am good to go.

Jan 12, 2007
- - Mesa, Arizona
E26 1967

Re-reply: (Me too!) It sounds great, Raul! Sure, I'd like to see pictures. Send them to svfirefly AT cox DOT net. Thanks!

Feb 12, 2007
Ericson 25 Oshkosh, WI
Raul

Awesome interior, I would love to see the exterior. Rhessenius AT new dot rr dot com I hate to put my email for trollers. Rob Hessenius

Jan 3, 2007
- - Lakewood Moorage
Nice Boat Raul!

Very nice Raul! We have similar looking interior layouts but yours really sets the standard for how beautiful it can be! I really like the teak and holly floors. Did you do the work on the floors? Can you elaborate on the process? I'd also love to see more pictures. Email for me is randysas@scn.org Thanks, Randy

Status
Not open for further replies.