12V Fans - Quiet, Durable

Jun 20, 2021
Beneteau 343 Fort Lauderdale
The fans in my 2005 Beneteau are noisy. Not air noise but like bearings are rattling.

Any leads on some decent replacement fans?

capta

Jun 4, 2009
Pearson 530 Admiralty Bay, Bequia SVG
We have found these quiet and they move quite a bit of air. H2O makes 12" box type fans that are quiet and economic power wise. Then comes the challenge of mounting them as they are stand alone in their off the shelf models.
However, make sure any fan you buy can easily be taken apart for cleaning. Fans collect a lot of dirt & dust that reduces their efficiency rather quickly.

Jan 7, 2011
Oday 322 East Chicago, IN
I have several Caframo fans also, and really like them. They are old, but just keep on (quietly) moving air.

Greg

Oct 22, 2014
CAL 35 Cruiser #21 moored EVERETT WA
I like the "Caframo Sirocco II 3-Speed 7" Gimbal Fan, 12/24V DC". They are quiet. 3 years in service no issues. Positioned near a port they can be turned to draw air in or shush it out.

Jan 7, 2011
Oday 322 East Chicago, IN
I like the "Caframo Sirocco II 3-Speed 7" Gimbal Fan, 12/24V DC". They are quiet. 3 years in service no issues. Positioned near a port they can be turned to draw air in or shush it out.
I think that is what mine are, now that you mention it…

Greg

Jun 20, 2021
Beneteau 343 Fort Lauderdale
I'm tempted to just install USB power sockets as there are a huge number of options for USB powered fans at reasonable prices. I already have several for bedside and desk use at the home. Small, quiet, never break. The rolling will no doubt be hell on the bearings but just toss them in the trash when they wear out.