Have you added 12v fans?

Sep 23, 2009
O'Day 34-At Last Rock Hall, Md
Has anyone added 12v cooling fans to their cabin for cooling? Where are best locations and how did you wire them to the boats 12v system?
Thanks for sharing your experience.

Mar 20, 2012
Cal 34-III, MacGregor 25 Salem, Oregon
almost every one that has wanted a fan in their boat has added one, if they have the power available to run it.... not an uncommon thing at all:D
the camframo fans are easy on power consumption and a couple of them are super quiet.... and of course these fans will come with a higher price tag for these desirable qualities.... but very well worth it!!!

Sep 25, 2013
Yankee Dolphin 24 Long Beach, CA
Has anyone added 12v cooling fans to their cabin for cooling? Where are best locations and how did you wire them to the boats 12v system?
Thanks for sharing your experience.
I have two 12v fans but I've never considered hard-wiring them. I simply move them to where I need a fan. One of the two that I have, I bought at Auto Zone, it has a convenient clip and it plugs in to the cigarette lighter, or whatever those are called nowadays, and it has an eight foot cord that reaches in to the v-berth when I'm sleeping. It's surprisingly powerful and oscillates. I think I paid $12 for it.

Pat

Jun 7, 2004
Oday 272LE Ninnescah Yacht Club, Wichita, Ks.
We ran small wires from the ceiling light fixtures to provide power to the fan.....this works very well....the lights do not have to be on, but the light switch does have to be on at the circuit breaker...& of course, the fan switch on or off....we have one in the v-berth and one in the main cabin....for summer months though we substitute the main cabin 12 v fan with a hearty & quiet variable speed vornado fan. Pat

Dec 30, 2013
ODAY 322 Portsmouth
I use a camping fan from Walmart called an O2Cool.. 12 volts, quiet and comes with a long cigarette adapter and I think a battery box for a bunch of "D" cells
Been using it for several years no problems and cheap..