This is Emerald, ex-Ecstasy, ex-Diana, the Cherubini 44 plug (1975) which was meant to be my dad's own boat.  Circumstances conspired to deny him this, which is part of the reason my H25 is called Diana, in memory of this boat and his dream.

Despite appearances this poor boat was really in sad shape, needing a full drying-out of the strip-planked hull (such as in a dehumidified barn) and a full gutting of the hydraulics and mechanicals that the former owner, a hydraulics engineer, had cluttered it with.  But the new owner's budget did not permit us to do a first-rate job, such as the boat deserves.

You can see the internal bronze sheave which the former owner installed inside the metal-cage bowsprit to carry the anchor rode out the end of the bowsprit (read my comments about the first pic here).

Still, this is where I reported to work all summer of 2012.  Pretty cool.

13 Apr 2012
DianaOfBurlington

This is Emerald, ex-Ecstasy, ex-Diana, the Cherubini 44 plug (1975) which was meant to be my dad's own boat. Circumstances conspired to deny him this, which is part of the reason my H25 is called Diana, in memory of this boat and his dream. Despite appearances this poor boat was really in sad shape, needing a full drying-out of the strip-planked hull (such as in a dehumidified barn) and a full gutting of the hydraulics and mechanicals that the former owner, a hydraulics engineer, had cluttered it with. But the new owner's budget did not permit us to do a first-rate job, such as the boat deserves. You can see the internal bronze sheave which the former owner installed inside the metal-cage bowsprit to carry the anchor rode out the end of the bowsprit (read my comments about the first pic here). Still, this is where I reported to work all summer of 2012. Pretty cool. 13 Apr 2012

There are no comments to display.

Media information

Album
White Angel Yacht Specialties
Added by
DianaOfBurlington
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

Image metadata