DSC01465 It's a slow process, I know, but it's the best way I know of doing this right now.  

A faster way and easier way to do this would be to support the bow with a long metal eye beam supported high enough to allow the trailer to be rolled right out from under the boat.   I would shore up under the keel just as soon as it's clear of the back of the trailer.  Then the beam could be removed. Two of the stands can also be move toward the bow of the boat about 6' or 8' from the other two stands on the stern.  The keel of this boat can take the full weight of the boat while sitting on blocks with at least two stands to keep it from tipping.  Two sailboat stands can be placed temporarily under the stern of the boat to keep it from tipping.  Preferably, the more stands the better.   I use four sailboat stands and one powerboat stand under the bow of the boat with the keel sitting on blocks.
The boat needs to be level at all times when you raise/lower the hull with stands and the jack.   Five of my stands can raise my boat with no problem.
Is this dangerous?  You bet it is.  I take every precaution when I do it.
Joe11688

DSC01465 It's a slow process, I know, but it's the best way I know of doing this right now. A faster way and easier way to do this would be to support the bow with a long metal eye beam supported high enough to allow the trailer to be rolled right out from under the boat. I would shore up under the keel just as soon as it's clear of the back of the trailer. Then the beam could be removed. Two of the stands can also be move toward the bow of the boat about 6' or 8' from the other two stands on the stern. The keel of this boat can take the full weight of the boat while sitting on blocks with at least two stands to keep it from tipping. Two sailboat stands can be placed temporarily under the stern of the boat to keep it from tipping. Preferably, the more stands the better. I use four sailboat stands and one powerboat stand under the bow of the boat with the keel sitting on blocks. The boat needs to be level at all times when you raise/lower the hull with stands and the jack. Five of my stands can raise my boat with no problem. Is this dangerous? You bet it is. I take every precaution when I do it.

There are no comments to display.

Media information

Album
Taking the boat off the trailer
Added by
Joe11688
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

Image metadata