Upper lower shrouds

Jimmy

Jan 28, 2018
Hunter 26 lake Powell lake mead
Yes I have a manual and i don’t have roller furling So it attaches to ubolt just set it up yesterday with the toggle someone helped me find I am much more satisfied with how it is rigged now going out for the forth of July will let you know how it goes.⛵

Jun 8, 2004
Hunter 26 Illinois
Once again, do you have 6" of mast rake when you attach the forestay to the ubolt instead of the tang? Looking at your pictures you have the shrouds incorrectly connected to the padeyes at the rub rail. The shrouds must be crossed to give the lowers a little more angle to affect the proper mast bend. See picture: When I set up a H26 for a proper mast tune, I have it on the trailer and make sure it is as level front to back and side to side as possible. To do a proper tune usually takes me about an hour if I am starting from scratch.

Attachments

Jimmy

Jan 28, 2018
Hunter 26 lake Powell lake mead
I do have six inches at boom I’ve read lots of info on where upper and lowers attach seems lots of different answers.

Oct 19, 2017
O'Day 19 Littleton, NH
That guide gives good information and guidelines for rig tuning. Note the tensions given are maximum tensions for the stays. They suggest you use the least amount of tension to keep the rig aligned. There is no tension range provided. Judgment is called for. You will have to sail her and get to know her. This is obviously what you are doing so good luck.

- Will (Dragonfly)