Trivia that moves you to share

Kermit

Jul 31, 2010
AquaCat 12.5 17342 Wateree Lake, SC
...The best quote I heard is allegedly from the Governor of SC at the time of succession, "South Carolina is too small to be a republic and too big to be an insane assylum."
That’s the first I’ve heard of that. But he’s right!

Gunni

Mar 16, 2010
Beneteau 411 Oceanis Annapolis
When I was a kid the Canadian goose was endangered and protected. They came up and down the Atlantic flyway and were only briefly in the mid Atlantic region. After protection their population rebounded. Then we noticed there were flocks that never left. There are few bird hunters anymore and the resident goose population has exploded. I started bird hunting when I was 12 years, think it is time to get the smoothbore out again.

Gunni

Mar 16, 2010
Beneteau 411 Oceanis Annapolis
The SC highland brigades wore silver crescents on their caps, they were not a gorget.

Oct 22, 2014
CAL 35 Cruiser #21 moored EVERETT WA
Dave. I think you can wear one of those as a bandanna. Hear in retirement you let your hair grow so you need to keep the side hair off your shoulders. You “tie” it up.

Jan 11, 2014
Sabre 362 113 Fair Haven, NY
Dave. I think you can wear one of those as a bandanna. Hear in retirement you let your hair grow so you need to keep the side hair off your shoulders. You “tie” it up.
Some of us still have top hair and side hair. :biggrin:

Jan 11, 2014
Wanna trade jobs? I’ll throw in the tie.
Kermit a tempting offer, however, twice a month money shows up in my bank account and all I have to do is keep breathing. :dancing:

A year ago I went back to work part time in my old job. Much better deal now. I work the days and hours I want, doing the parts of the job I like, and when isn't fun any more I can walk away. (Although Second Star may be disappointed because she won't keep getting new boat parts.)

Kermit

Jul 31, 2010
Kermit a tempting offer, however, twice a month money shows up in my bank account and all I have to do is keep breathing. :dancing:

A year ago I went back to work part time in my old job. Much better deal now. I work the days and hours I want, doing the parts of the job I like, and when isn't fun any more I can walk away. (Although Second Star may be disappointed because she won't keep getting new boat parts.)
You’re making my point exactly. I’m pretty sure I could survive without the tie.

Oct 19, 2017
O'Day 19 Littleton, NH
You’re making my point exactly. I’m pretty sure I could survive without the tie.
I was just thinking the same thing. Heck, I'll buy dlochner a whole wardrobe with a dozen ties of his choice if he's interested in trading... wait, does he live in a big city? Oh no, I'm not falling for that bait and switch scam. I'm good right where I am. :kick: buy your own ties.

- Will (Dragonfly)

Jan 11, 2014
Uh guys, there seems to be a misconception here. I'm not really interested in trading income sources with anyone regardless of whether a nice tie is included in the deal or not. I hope all you eventually get to the day when the primary source of your income requires you to do nothing more than breathe. It is well worth the work and savings. :)

Kermit

Jul 31, 2010
Ok back on topic. We’re finally getting a bunch of rain today. We really do need it. Which begs the question. If April Showers bring May Flowers what do May Flowers bring?

May 12, 2004
Hunter Cherubini 30 New Port Richey

I could have written that exact same post. Living long enough does have its' advantages.:yeah: