The Official "What Did You Do To Your Mac Today" Thread!

Apr 19, 2012
O'Day Daysailor 17 Nevis MN
We now have a two page list of tasks, additions, modifications, and purchases to affect for Eclipse
Sounds like you had a great time.

After we first took Elsker Vann (V-222) out we also came back with two pages of work to do to her. Each time we crossed one item off we added two more until the list grew to 4 pages. We kept at it until finally we ran out of things to add to the list. Once we finally crossed the last item off the list we had a list burning party. At the party my wife said "after all the work we've done to this boat I don't think I'd ever want to sell it." 3 weeks later a Mac 26D followed us home. Along the way my wife said "When we get home I'll create a Craigslist ad for Elsker Vann."... The story continues...

RussC

Sep 11, 2015
Merit 22- Oregon lakes
Sounds like you had a great time.

After we first took Elsker Vann (V-222) out we also came back with two pages of work to do to her. Each time we crossed one item off we added two more until the list grew to 4 pages. We kept at it until finally we ran out of things to add to the list. Once we finally crossed the last item off the list we had a list burning party. At the party my wife said "after all the work we've done to this boat I don't think I'd ever want to sell it." 3 weeks later a Mac 26D followed us home. Along the way my wife said "When we get home I'll create a Craigslist ad for Elsker Vann."... The story continues...
Ha Ha. that is SUCH a familiar story to me. I did the same thing with hot rods for years. I'd spend a year buried in the garage designing/building, but just as the end for one was in sight, the next one always lit a new fire. But I'm better now :laugh:

May 16, 2011
Macgregor V-25 Charlton, MA- Trailer
I find that at some point in the never ending process or working on her and uncovering more to do I actually have to go sailing!

Apr 19, 2012
O'Day Daysailor 17 Nevis MN
I find that at some point in the never ending process or working on her and uncovering more to do I actually have to go sailing!
Sometimes it even helps to add that to the list as a line item. ;)

walt

Jun 1, 2007
Macgregor 26S Hobie TI Ridgway Colorado
Does the list of things grow simply because of being retired? Bud.. are you about to find out soon?

Aug 7, 2011
MacGregor 26S Lakeland, FL
Lots of great inspiration here!
Justsomeguy, your new boat is an island packet? Nice! Is it as nice as i always hear about them? What was the Mac? Not on your avatar anymore...

walt

Jun 1, 2007
Macgregor 26S Hobie TI Ridgway Colorado
Wow.. beautiful boat!!!

Is it in San Carlos and if so, how does that fit in with future plans? I didnt see a RFE** trailer in those pics..

** really fricken enormous

Last edited:

RussC

Sep 11, 2015
Merit 22- Oregon lakes
Too bloody cold (50s) and rainy the past few days to sail, so I'm washing and waxing. Port side is done..... now for the Starboard. Mothers Liquid Gold Synthetic wax is great stuff. ;)

P1050073.jpg P1050078.jpg

RussC

Sep 11, 2015
Merit 22- Oregon lakes
The red trim looks great, Russ. What type of paint did you use?
Boot stripe and trim are both oem gelcoat. I polished the hull 2 years ago with Presta (and waxed) but since then it's just a wash once in a wile until yesterdays re-wax.

May 18, 2017
MacGregor 26S Piscataqua
As others have done, I re-routed the cockpit and motor well drains. They were constantly getting clogged. Motor well goes straight back with a 3" piece of pvc pipe.
Cockpit drain is also now in pvc pipe, heated and bent to fit. IMG_2495.JPGIMG_2496.JPG

May 18, 2017
MacGregor 26S Piscataqua
My photo of modifications in the lazaret is hard to see what's been done, but here it is. You're looking down through the open hatch. Wires to outboard above, new PVC pipe band clamped to a stub of the original plastic hose, and bilge pump pipe below that. The bilge pump pipe loops high before exiting through the through-hull fitting. IMG_2499.JPG