Hunter356 keel top layer breaks off

Dec 19, 2006
Hunter 36 Punta Gorda
Yes have run aground a few times here in Florida for sure but the worst was bringing my boat down from NY
to Florida mostly Ocean but had to go in in North Carolina and in Pamlico Bay and ferry forced me into shallow water and ran aground and still have a dent way up front down low on my keel but so far no smile
just last year did a new bottom job.
So I am real puzzled at the fiberglass on HU 's keel and saw them Hunter installing keels at the factory in 2006
and can't remember for sure what was used as a sealer on the keels.
Nick

Jun 8, 2004
-na -NA Anywhere USA
@seadaddler
Not sure of the status at MH now but many of the folks I once knew are long gone. No dealer network nor at shows keeps me wondering but you are correct about the keel attachment as I was a dealer who not only stocked them but watched every aspect of build.
I contributed to Hunter and will go no further than that but only if you knew.

Dec 19, 2006
Hunter 36 Punta Gorda
Yes I know you had a lot of contact with Hunter and shame what seems to be going on
Hunter Marlow and just hope things go well for the Hunters.
Nick

Feb 1, 2010
Hunter 356 Northpoint Marina, IL
Jens, how did you end up fixing the keel and did you ever figure out what caused it?
I have a 2002 356 and just pulled her out for winter storage and noticed the same type of delamination behind the keel but with no crack see picture below.

20181013_091942.jpg