Correct sheet car placement for 100 jib?

mortyd

Dec 11, 2004
Catalina 30 easy living
stu, i can't tell from the pictures but my turning block, factory spec, is horizontal on the deck. i know that catalina changed the 30's a good deal over the years, especially some rigging, so i really cannot understand the problem here.

Feb 26, 2004
Catalina 34 224 Maple Bay, BC, Canada
stu, i can't tell from the pictures but my turning block, factory spec, is horizontal on the deck. i know that catalina changed the 30's a good deal over the years, especially some rigging, so i really cannot understand the problem here.
morty, what you describe is just what is shown in dj's picture. I don't get the problem either, given all the responses. I clearly said my pictures were of MY boat, NOT a C30, but showed them to show the two jib fairlead cars and the cheek block. dj's picture shows the flat cheek blocks just as you describe.

Nov 15, 2015
J J/30 Seward, AK
I thought I would chime in here as I finally obtained a couple of blocks and sorted my issue out. They aren't perfect, but were only $25 each and work well.

IMG_3219.jpg IMG_3220.jpg

After more research, I think the ideal way to do this is to use a low-friction ring with a splice in place of those blocks. It would cost a little less and be just like all the racing boats today!

harken low friction ring splice