Registered users don't see ads

Capri 26 Owners - new owner of 93 #266 with questions

Discussion in 'Mid-Size Boats' started by DaveNC, Apr 29, 2018. Add this thread to a FAQ

1. DaveNC

DaveNC

Joined Mar 20, 2018
    12 posts, 0 likes
    Catalina Capri 26
    266 US Oriental, NC
    We just bought a very nice Capri 26 and are looking forward to sailing out of Sea Harbor in Oriental, NC. Any Capri 26 owners out there who we can connect?

Our first sailing upgrade is to improve the staysail situation. What furler do you use and how is it attached to the deck?

Our's is a very old style and clipped to the anchor pins. It rubs against the stay and we want to eliminate that.

Thanks!

2. DaveNC

DaveNC

Joined Mar 20, 2018
    12 posts, 0 likes
    Catalina Capri 26
    266 US Oriental, NC
    Anyone?

3. jssailem

jssailem

Joined Oct 22, 2014
    5,214 posts, 1,659 likes
    CAL 35 Cruiser
    US Salem, Moored Port Everett WA

4. jssailem

jssailem

Joined Oct 22, 2014
    5,214 posts, 1,659 likes
    CAL 35 Cruiser
    Oh and welcome to the forum.
    Your question is great but their may be no Capri26 owners immediately available. You may have to rely on some of the old sailor engineers to give you ideas. We tend to form better answers if we can understand what it is you are concerned about.

As far as a furler, there are many. I like Harken products. Reliable but more expensive than some others.

5. DaveNC

DaveNC

Joined Mar 20, 2018
    12 posts, 0 likes
    Catalina Capri 26
    266 US Oriental, NC
    Audacity has an unwieldy luff-wire foresail that I dislike. It is poorly attached to the anchor roller. My plan is to replace it with a normal headstay fuelled foresail. I need to have a sailmaker determine if this sail can be retrofitted for that or if I have to have a new genoa cut. I'd appreciate a picture of a headstay fuelled setup on a Capri 26 if you would. Thanks

6. jssailem

jssailem

Joined Oct 22, 2014
    5,214 posts, 1,659 likes
    CAL 35 Cruiser

7. peterbud

peterbud

Joined May 7, 2006
    211 posts, 7 likes
    Catalina 28 Mark 1
    US New Bern
    Dave I currently have a catalina 28 but had a Capri 26 for a number of years I am located in New Bern and would be willing to answer any questions have. I had the Cruisng Design roller Furling unit and was happy with it. My boat had the diesel nd I still have the owners manal for the boat.

8. DaveNC

DaveNC

Joined Mar 20, 2018
    12 posts, 0 likes
    Catalina Capri 26
    266 US Oriental, NC
    That's great and I appreciate it. We are moving her from Wilmington to Oriental the first week in June. We could meet up in New Bern at some point after that. Thanks

Ready-made sheets and halyards
Now faster than ever, our calculator tells you what sizes you need.
Gray Enterprises port gasket
Stop winter leaks. Compare our price!
NEW, updated Get Rid of Boat Odors
The bible of marine toilets and plumbing, expanded and updated for 2016!
Mainsail covers
Pre-patterned mainsail covers to fit your boat