Discussion in 'S2' started by Avi, Apr 23, 2019. Add this thread to a FAQ

1. jssailem

jssailem

Joined Oct 22, 2014
    9,252 posts, 4,114 likes
    CAL 35 Cruiser
    US Salem, Moored Port Everett WA
    Here is a follow up to my EV100 use.
    I had noticed a bit of rattling over the past 6 months from the plastic wheel unit. I could grab it lightly and it wails stop. Just could not identify any thing specific loose. Then on my last outing I had the engage lever pop open and the unit started to go off on its own.
    Looked closely at the engage lever and found a torn screw. I gave it a 1/4 turn and this cut out the rattle stiffened the lever. Went 7 hours on the cruise and the AP worked like a timex watch. No hiccups no rattle.
    Yeah.

DayDreamer41, kloudie1 and uncledom like this.
  2. RoyS

RoyS

Joined Jun 3, 2012
    489 posts, 193 likes
    Hunter 33
    US Bay Pointe, Quincy
    The rattle could be the belt is too tight. I have an older ST4000 and had the same problem until I totally slacked off the tensioning device. The original instruction manual is not clear on this adjustment as it delves into motor current draw or something. It actually is a very easy fix and that might be what you were adjusting. Great system in my opinion. Nothing else that old on my boat still works.

jssailem likes this.

Stainless documentation placard
Who said a documentation placard cant be beautiful? Brushed stainless with laser-fused numerals.
Gray Enterprises port gasket
Stop winter leaks. Compare our price!
NEW rigid hatch covers
Hatch protection like never before. Tough, secure, installs in seconds.
Turn any toilet into a Raritan for a fraction of the cost
The Raritan LBA matches your existing bowl with the pump/plumbing of a PHII or PHC. save!