Not perfect launch day…

Apr 8, 2010
Ericson Yachts Olson 34 28400 Portland OR
Congratulations on getting it working right!
Reading the ad for the prop, it reads as tho one can install it already assembled. Is that true? (IIRC, Their competitors brag about mounting their feathering props onto the shaft, right out of the box.)

Jan 7, 2011
Oday 322 East Chicago, IN
Congratulations on getting it working right!
Reading the ad for the prop, it reads as tho one can install it already assembled. Is that true? (IIRC, Their competitors brag about mounting their feathering props onto the shaft, right out of the box.)
Yep….came all assembled. You can adjust the pitch by changing a screw in the side of the prop.

But being curious, I took it partially apart to understand how the pitch screw worked… I didn’t realize I allowed something to move off the splined spindle I guess.

It really is a work of art.

Now I just hope I can beat the guy I sail with who was a folding prop…he told me his would be faster :)

But he has a foot of waterline on me, so I can use that as an excuse if I need one :cool:

Greg

Jan 4, 2006
Hunter 310 West Vancouver, B.C.
And those had best not be zinc.
I knew that.

I just can't get my head around these guys who sail in fresh, pristine waters and bring their boats back cleaner than I can get mine after the first scrub down of spring . And the their waters are bigger than the bits of ocean I manage to cover.

Apr 8, 2010
Ericson Yachts Olson 34 28400 Portland OR
Yep….came all assembled. You can adjust the pitch by changing a screw in the side of the prop.

But being curious, I took it partially apart to understand how the pitch screw worked… I didn’t realize I allowed something to move off the splined spindle I guess.
Ah so. Understood completely. :)
I have indeed "been there done that" and never even got the T shirt. :(

• Wow
Jan 7, 2011
Yeah, i always said if the Great Lakes were about 25 degrees latitude further south, I'd spent the rest of my sailing years going nowhere else. But the sailing season is just too short.

dj
Still hoping global warming extends the season in the Great Lakes :yikes:

Greg

• Ha
Jan 7, 2011
Yeah, don't hold your breath...

dj
Nope. Wife and I just bought a house in South Florida (Gulf side) and plan to be snow birds for a while. Maybe I can someone who needs crew down there :cool:

Greg

Jan 11, 2014
Sabre 362 113 Fair Haven, NY
Still hoping global warming extends the season in the Great Lakes :yikes:

Greg
This year there was virtually no ice on Lake Ontario. The most the bay I'm on could do was put up a little skim ice. The ice fishers were not happy. The snowmobile racers weren't happy. The eagles were fat and happy.

dLj

Mar 23, 2017
Belliure 41 Sailing back to the Chesapeake
Nope. Wife and I just bought a house in South Florida (Gulf side) and plan to be snow birds for a while. Maybe I can someone who needs crew down there :cool:

Greg
I'm on the Chesapeake... A bit far from FL
.... But will be looking for crew once I get my boat rebuilt...

dj

May 25, 2004
Catalina 400 mkII Harbor
no sharks but deadly!!!! great lakes black flies. GOD help you when you cross the lake on a low wind day.
they draw blood!!!

Jan 7, 2011
no sharks but deadly!!!! great lakes black flies. GOD help you when you cross the lake on a low wind day.
they draw blood!!!
Looks like a killing field in my cockpit for about 2 weeks a year…I have a fly swatter for each soul on board!

Greg

Jan 7, 2011
This year there was virtually no ice on Lake Ontario. The most the bay I'm on could do was put up a little skim ice. The ice fishers were not happy. The snowmobile racers weren't happy. The eagles were fat and happy.
Down on the south end of Lake Michigan too.
..but we had a cold spell in mid-January where it was well below 0F, the ice in the harbor was freezing fast and the water was steaming. I had some rock hard ice in my bilge and my jug of pink AF was slush.

IMG_3107.jpeg IMG_3106.jpeg

Thankfully, it didn’t last too long, and I was off to HawaiI shortly after taking these photos:cool:

Greg

Jan 11, 2014
Sabre 362 113 Fair Haven, NY
Thankfully, it didn’t last too long, and I was off to HawaiI shortly after taking these photos:cool:
How was Maui doing when you were there? The Lahina fire was a terrible tragedy. Did the Banyan tree survive?