Best toaster to use with an alcohol stove

Aug 7, 2021
O'day 28 Casco Bay
Hello. I'm starting to spend more nights and cooking on the boat in preparation for doing some short cruises next summer. My Origo alcohol stove works fine for the type of cooking I intend to do. However, I would like to make toast and the $8 amazon wire pyramid style camp toaster is totally ineffective. I believe this is because alcohol stoves do not put out much in the way of radiant heat. Does anyone have any experience with different types that will work better with an alcohol stove?

Jan 11, 2014
Sabre 362 113 Fair Haven, NY
We have "grill top frying pan." This is designed to sit on a propane grill to cook vegetables, shrimp and other things that will fall through the grate. It works pretty well on a propane stove. Given enough time to heat up, it should work on an Alcohol stove. Something like this one from Amazon.

You could also make toast on a propane grill, like one from Magma. You can also cook other foods on the grill, just like home.

Feb 26, 2004
Catalina 34 224 Maple Bay, BC, Canada
On our Origo, I used a FORK. Just hold the bread (horizontally - flat) over the flame. Pretend you're camping. I continue to be amazed at some of these "How do I tie my shoelaces, do I put the socks on first?" questions here on sbo. Always fun though. :)

Jan 4, 2006
Hunter 310 West Vancouver, B.C.
I continue to be amazed at some of these "How do I tie my shoelaces, do I put the socks on first?"
Nooooooooooooooooooooo. Get velcro shoes. Also good if each shoe has a big TGIF (toe goes in first) sticker on the toe.

But getting back to toast, we have propane but always found that a sheet of aluminum foil placed shiny side in helps to reflect the radiant heat back towards the bread. I don't know if the alcohol flame has enough heat to do that.