Its funny Friday!

Oct 19, 2017
O'Day 19 Littleton, NH
The reason I posted the second song is because it was one of my father's fondest memories of an Atlantic crossing.

He and my mother were sailing as guests aboard a yacht owned by a friend who happened to be retired RAF. Something happened to upset one or both wives and my father and his British host were left to clean up the galley after dinner. My father picked up the dish rag and a pan and said, in his best British accent, "Why can't a woman be more like a man."

Well, the captain of the sailing vessel they were aboard happened, like my father, to know all the words to that song, and they had the best time singing their respective parts while they cleaned.

-Will

jssailem

SBO Weather and Forecasting Forum Jim & John
Oct 22, 2014
CAL 35 Cruiser #21 moored EVERETT WA
I suggest it is an opportunity for experimentation. Say 3 or 4 SBO members choose your temps between
100…(a cold Diesel engine temp.
180…( operating diesel temp) and
250…. (Diesel horn blaring Engine OverHeat)
500….(Something is going to Blow)

And report back with results.

Jan 19, 2010
Hobie 16 & Rhodes 22 Skeeter Charleston
True story....

My son's pickup went in for some muffler work... the mechanic forgot to reinstall the heat shield.

There was a can of Dr. Pepper rolling around on the floor board and I was sitting in the passenger seat.

Yup... DETONATION! I was covered in hot Dr. P. We looked at each other for a second... in a mild state of shock.... and then burst into laughter. It was a real mess.

Oct 19, 2017
O'Day 19 Littleton, NH
True story....

My son's pickup went in for some muffler work... the mechanic forgot to reinstall the heat shield.

There was a can of Dr. Pepper rolling around on the floor board and I was sitting in the passenger seat.

Yup... DETONATION! I was covered in hot Dr. P. We looked at each other for a second... in a mild state of shock.... and then burst into laughter. It was a real mess.
I've seen the opposite, with the same results.

Came out to the car one morning and the case of soda I bought the evening before froze in the 30 below night. The entire back seat was covered in froze soda foam. I think it froze before it actually hit the back of the driver's seat, the rear seat head rests, the ceiling and the inside door panels. There were frozen streams of the stuff arching out from the surfaces it was stuck to.

The best part was it was still well below zero when I discovered it and I could clean it up with a scraper, no towels needed.

Just in case you don't believe it, I found these pictures on the Internet. Exactly like my car.
1662158051553.png

1662158167317.png

-Will