Semco Teak Sealer - progress photos

Feb 28, 2022
Catalina 22 12482 Champaign-Urbana, IL
Got recommended the Semco Teak Sealer on this forum, so thought I'd post progress photos. I used Semco on other wood on the boat and have photos of that if folks are interested.

During Application:

IMG_2188.jpeg

Still Wet:

IMG_2190.jpeg

Dry after second coat:

IMG_2222.jpeg

Installed after fully dried:

IMG_2224.jpeg IMG_2225.jpeg

Apr 5, 2009
Catalina '88 C30 tr/bs Oak Harbor, WA
I have been using this for the past three years and it stays great with a quick reapplication with a rag in the spring and fall. I used their two-part cleaner before applying the first coat which removed all of the old finish and black grunge in the grain.

Feb 28, 2022
I should have done their cleaner first. I sanded the boards down, but I feel like they would have benefited from a cleaning. Either way, it’s an improvement.

Jul 26, 2009
. . .
Got recommended the Semco Teak Sealer on this forum, so thought I'd post progress photos. I used Semco on other wood on the boat and have photos of that if folks are interested.
Looks good! Which version of did you use (clear, natural, honeytone, etc)

Apr 5, 2009
Catalina '88 C30 tr/bs Oak Harbor, WA
I use the honeytone.
Before any work on sprit
spinnaker_tack_block.png

After 2-part clean and light sand

20200523_bowsprit.jpg

after Semco

20200524_bowsprit finish.jpg

The thing I like best about it is that it doesn't look or feel like it is finished. It is the closest thing I have found to bare, fresh teak. Oh, and that it holds up will for at least 6-mounts. Last fall I did not get a chance to do my fall recoat and there are a couple of spots that will need a few minutes of sanding but that is not bad for one full year since the last coat.

Last edited:
Jun 21, 2004
Beneteau 343 Slidell, LA
I used Semco on other wood on the boat and have photos of that if folks are interested.
Looking good!
I use Semco clear tone on my cockpit teak seating surfaces. In fact, it’s on my list of things to do; Clean & apply 2-3 coats.

Feb 28, 2022
That one is the step right inside the boat. It came with it. It is some kind of plywood, but I Semco’d it too.

Feb 9, 2020
Catalina 22 Louisville Sailing Club
Looks good. I hope you will do another shot with it to show how it held up at the end of the season.