Light on Bimini Structure wont turn on. Changed Lightbulb, and checked the connectors for power, there is none. Any ideas?

Apr 8, 2018
Hunter e33 0 Alexandria
Light on Bimini Structure wont turn on. Changed Lightbulb, and checked the connectors for power, there is none. Any ideas?

Jan 1, 2006
Slickcraft 26 Sailfish
Are you saying that you checked the connections where the wire enters the tube - assuming the wire runs in a tube? Or did you just check at the fixture? If you haven't checked where the wire enters the tube, I guess that would be next. I think you might save time by working from where there is power to where there isn't.

Apr 8, 2018
Hunter e33 0 Alexandria
I removed the light bulb and checked to see if there was any voltage there. None, no matter what the position of the switch was.

May 7, 2012
Hunter e33 Maple Bay, BC
Amalio the wires supplying power to this light come up through the forward starboard arch leg. There is a hole in the base of that leg for the 2 wires and the 4 audio wires for the speakers. I have pulled wire down that leg for a solar panel but did not look to see if there is a connector at the bottom of the leg for the light and speaker wires or not. Do you have audio at the arch speakers? Possibly the wires for the light and speakers have never been connected when the arch was installed by the dealer after delivery. Again I am not sure it there is a connector there or not but likely there should be.

Apr 8, 2018
Hunter e33 0 Alexandria
Amalio the wires supplying power to this light come up through the forward starboard arch leg. There is a hole in the base of that leg for the 2 wires and the 4 audio wires for the speakers. I have pulled wire down that leg for a solar panel but did not look to see if there is a connector at the bottom of the leg for the light and speaker wires or not. Do you have audio at the arch speakers? Possibly the wires for the light and speakers have never been connected when the arch was installed by the dealer after delivery. Again I am not sure it there is a connector there or not but likely there should be.
Thanks for the info, I will look.

May 7, 2012
Hunter e33 Maple Bay, BC
I vaguely remember that the 14AWG is feed through a PVC conduit located high up on the starboard side above the headliner. I am not at the boat for the next couple of days but I believe if you remove the access cover to the holding tank you may find the cable. It then is routed to the back of the DC panel. Trace it from there. Barring that not working you will have to remove a part of the headliner to access the arch leg and trace the cable from there.

Apr 8, 2018
Hunter e33 0 Alexandria
I vaguely remember that the 14AWG is feed through a PVC conduit located high up on the starboard side above the headliner. I am not at the boat for the next couple of days but I believe if you remove the access cover to the holding tank you may find the cable. It then is routed to the back of the DC panel. Trace it from there. Barring that not working you will have to remove a part of the headliner to access the arch leg and trace the cable from there.
Thanks!

Jul 7, 2004
Hunter 30T Cheney, KS
It's like a water hose. If no water is coming out, you have to trace back to find the kink or hole in the hose. Work your way back to wherever you can get access and see where voltage ends. It's not blowing a fuse so it's probably not shorted.