Hunter 386 cabin lighting replacement

Sep 11, 2019
Hunter 386 Lake St. Clair
Hey Guys, looking at swapping out our cabin lights with led. Question 1, how do I get access to bulb ( I'm sure these things are getting brittle after 20 years). Question 2, any ideas regarding replacement? Thanks,

Feb 21, 2013
Hunter 46 Point Richmond, CA
A photo of the lights and their inside and outside dimensions would help. Do they have an integral switch? Do they have a ring you can pop off to get access to the light? You might be able to match the light and buy them from this site SailboatOwners.com search .

Last edited:
Sep 11, 2019
Hunter 386 Lake St. Clair
Sorry for the later reply, just got back to the boat yesterday. Attached is a picture of the light in question.
IMG_2309.JPG

Jul 29, 2004
Hunter 340 Lake Lanier, GA
Sorry for the later reply, just got back to the boat yesterday. Attached is a picture of the light in question.View attachment 196662
Gary, the white bezel snaps on and off the base, using a small screwdriver or fingernails to pry it loose. Be careful though as the glass lens is loose in the bezel and easy to drop. I believe the LED bulb is a side pin G4. I bought mine at marinebeam.com about 5 years ago. They are also available on the store site here. edited: I had posted a bad link see next post for correct link. Interesting, the corresponding part for the H340 is white, not beige.

Last edited:
Feb 14, 2014
Hunter 430 Waveland, MS
You might work your light switch on/off. Mine sometimes do not work with little use.
Jim...