Help with identifying my boat?

Jul 22, 2021
O' Day 14 Auburn
I cannot find out who the maker is of this boat, that I was told was an O' Day.
I'm pretty new to this, so....
Pictured is the original sail, as well as a shot of the foredeck.
She's 14 feet in length, and 5.5 feet in beam
Thoughts?
image0.jpeg

image0(1).jpeg

image3.jpeg

Jan 1, 2006
Slickcraft 26 Sailfish
I searched on sailboatdata.com for "Viking" and it didn't return anything that small. I search "Finn" and found a boat that looks close but the sail insignia is wrong. After that I've got nutin'. But I did learn the the Finn is an Olympic class and was designed by WD Shock and first built in 1949.
You could look on the transom and see if an ID # is stamped on the right side. That would give you a clue.
Whatever yours is it looks like a cool boat. Rig it up and get out sailing on it!

Jul 22, 2021
O' Day 14 Auburn
I searched on sailboatdata.com for "Viking" and it didn't return anything that small. I search "Finn" and found a boat that looks close but the sail insignia is wrong. After that I've got nutin'. But I did learn the the Finn is an Olympic class and was designed by WD Shock and first built in 1949.
You could look on the transom and see if an ID # is stamped on the right side. That would give you a clue.
Whatever yours is it looks like a cool boat. Rig it up and get out sailing on it!
ok many thanks for trying...
I looked for any kind of plate, but came up empty.. maybe I'll go out & look closer & see if something is painted over..
It seems safe to conclude that based on the sail & foredeck logos matching, that it's not just some kind of no-name homemade boat,
would you agree?
Rich

May 14, 2009
Sirius 21 Pelican Yacht Club, Manitoba
ok many thanks for trying...
I looked for any kind of plate, but came up empty.. maybe I'll go out & look closer & see if something is painted over..
It seems safe to conclude that based on the sail & foredeck logos matching, that it's not just some kind of no-name homemade boat,
would you agree?
Rich
Hull ID numbers are usually embossed right onto the hull on fibreglass boats.

Jul 22, 2021
O' Day 14 Auburn
I've gone through Good Old Boat twice! Not that I couldn't have missed it..
I'm going to go out now & look more closely at the hull..
brb!

Jan 19, 2010
Hobie 16 & Rhodes 22 Skeeter Charleston
I see you are at Auburn. Are you going to sail Lake Martin? Still Water Marina is my go-to place there. If you go that way I can put you in contact with a guy named Obie. He is the dock "mayor". :) He sets up saturday regattas and such....

Jul 22, 2021
O' Day 14 Auburn
I see you are at Auburn. Are you going to sail Lake Martin? Still Water Marina is my go-to place there. If you go that way I can put you in contact with a guy named Obie. He is the dock "mayor". :) He sets up saturday regattas and such....
Never heard of either...
Auburn, Maine?

Jun 8, 2004
-na -NA Anywhere USA
the emblem on the sails do not match that of Oday and the Oday has a covered deck forward while the picture of your boat does not have that.
Hin numbers are generally found on the transom starboard side way up close to the deck structure or on the starboard side of the boat close to the transom just right under the rub rail.