eye candy

Apr 5, 2009
Catalina '88 C30 tr/bs Oak Harbor, WA
:plus: Just loved the s-shaped wake (not)!
I see that Rustler differently. Given that it is 33' with a displacement less than 6000lbs, 8' beam, fin w/ bulb it looks like the driver is driving by feel to the boat. He is not even really looking at the course and is driving just by what he feels in his seat. That is not the type of boat that will track in a straight line. It looks "traditional" but at its heart, it is all high-strung race horse.

DArcy

Feb 11, 2017
Islander Freeport 36 Ottawa
For sailors: Five minutes of sailing and the emotions it conjures. Click the Vimeo link at the bottom left.

Abeking & Rasmussen 63 ft 125 sq m Seefahrtkreuzer Racer Cruiser Yawl 1936
Wholly Cow. That is absolutely gorgeous. No centerline queen in the owner's suite but I'd take that foc'sle with pipe berths any day. The galley forward may be interesting in a seaway but there is enough displacement to keep the motion kind under most conditions. And that chart house!!! I'd be happy to live there. The teak and holly sole in the engine room is a nice touch too :) Interesting how much of an angle to starboard the engine is.

May 25, 2012
john alden caravelle 42 sturgeon bay, wis
1615836293473.png

bacchante sailed the great lakes for many years. owner died. boat went back to sweden. he had an old swan 65' on the med. two concordias on the chesapeake and another vessel somewhere. when i first met him i was tying up to a dock at chicago yc and this voice is heard saying, ' you probably think you have the most varnish on lake michigan, but your number two'.
his brother put the old ford ship on Put-in-bay in lake erie. (knew him too)

May 17, 2004
Beneteau Oceanis 37 Havre de Grace
The next step in sailboat technology will be a means of redirecting air from the sails through ducting in the hull to make a hovercraft and eliminate the drag caused by the foils.
They’re not that far off. As it is the shape of the hull is driven less by hydrodynamics and is more about using the water as an “end plate” to keep air from the high pressure side from escaping to the low side. If they could “duct” the air like you say without giving up much drive power they probably would try it.