2” x 2” square pull ring locker hatch latch

Nov 20, 2020
S2 36’ sailboat 1983 centercockpit Oak Harbor Marina Pasadena M
I am trying to find a 2”x 2” square flush pull ring locker latch for my 1983 S2 sailboat and can’t seem to find a 2x2

SFS

Aug 18, 2015
Currently Boatless Okinawa
I know it's unlikely, given that you need the part, but do you have a picture? And what model (or length) S2?

MitchM

Jan 20, 2005
Nauticat 321 pilothouse 32 Erie PA
how much space do you need under the ring to have the lift mechanism work ? i have a bunch of old bronze pull rings , some are bigger depth than other.s

Nov 20, 2020
I’ll send pic tomorrow. It is 36 feet but I am just trying to find thiss part

Nov 20, 2020
1. Look at a Defender or West Marine catalog, paper or online. Like: Cabinet Hardware | West Marine U do the looking.

2. Try your local hardware store, preferably a good one with more than just paint and screwdrivers.
I have snd did try again. Thetrouble is finding a 2x2 fish pull ring with latch. I’ll try some hardware stores. Thanks

SFS

Aug 18, 2015
I'm finding pull rings, but not pull ring locker latches. Am I correct in assuming that you need something that when you lift up on the ring, it retracts a bolt (or equivalent) so the locker or hatch will open?

Nov 20, 2020
I'm finding pull rings, but not pull ring locker latches. Am I correct in assuming that you need something that when you lift up on the ring, it retracts a bolt (or equivalent) so the locker or hatch will open?
Yes. I’m going to take a pic this morning snd hopefully can post. I might need boat salvage yard

Nov 20, 2020
I think you meant FLUSH ring? Try McMaster Carr, McMaster-Carr for "lifting rings". McMaster-Carr
lol. Yes I meant flush. I like that site but still looking for a 2 x 2 I’m gonna take a picture and see if that rings any bells with anyone I might need a salvage yard for a boat parts

RoyS

Jun 3, 2012
Hunter 33 Steamboat Wharf, Hull, MA
Last time I was looking for a flush ring pull for my fridge cover I had a difficult time also. I was not particularly concerned about the size as I was able to make my new cover fit any size pull. However, after I finally got one it was impossible to grab it with your bare finger. The ring was recessed in such a manner that you needed a screwdriver or other sharp tool to hook and lift the ring. I ended up reusing the 40 year old pull in my new cover.

Nov 20, 2020
Yes. I’m going to the boat now and taking a picture to post. Thank you for putting thought to this. Such a simple concept but the 2x2 is the difficult part

Jan 22, 2008
Beneteau 323 Annapolis MD
.... it was impossible to grab it with your bare finger. The ring was recessed in such a manner that you needed a screwdriver or other sharp tool to hook and lift the ring....
My engine cover is like that, but with 2 of them. I put a wire tie on the ring part so it stood out enough to grab with pudgy fingers.

SFS

Aug 18, 2015
The pic helps. Is that one 2 X 2, or are you hoping to find a 2X2 to cover the whole indented space?

Nov 20, 2020
The pic helps. Is that one 2 X 2, or are you hoping to find a 2X2 to cover the whole indented space?
Hoping to find one like this one. Their are two lockers and I’m trying to replace the other one which is not in the picture. It is 2x2