Wednesday is Cruising Photo Day - 2020!

TomY

Alden Forum Moderator
Jun 22, 2004
Alden 38' Challenger yawl Rockport Harbor
After two decades of living on the edge of Penobscot Bay, we haven't run out of new waters to sail,...

Georges Head island sailing to.jpg

...islands we've never combed,...

Georges Head island_.jpg

....and fresh anchorages to spend the night,...

Georges Head island anchored off.jpg

....all within 20 miles of our home.

Oct 19, 2017
O'Day 19 Littleton, NH
After two decades of living on the edge of Penobscot Bay, we haven't run out of new waters to sail,...

With hundreds of islands, inlets, bays and rivers, it's no surprise.

I would compliment your picture taking skills here, Tom, but considering the natural beauty of the Maine coastline, you really can't take a bad picture. ;)

-Will (Dragonfly)

Jan 19, 2010
Hobie 16 & Rhodes 22 Skeeter Charleston
Damn! Almost makes me want to move north:biggrin:

Here is one of my favorite anchorages. This anchorage is in the North River tributary of the Neuse River (Part of the N.C. Outer Banks).

First shot is looking West at sunset and the second is a shot of the North bank taken the next day at low tide.

100_0751.JPG
100_0896.JPG

Phil

Feb 11, 2017
Morris Annie Haleiwa, HI
My daughter Samantha and I had a wonderful sail yesterday from Sausalito down to Redwood City on Kolibri. Unfortunately the visibility was poor for the first ~half of the trip so we didn't get a view of the Golden Gate Bridge. Alcatraz was shrouded in fog and the Bay Bridge was just starting to pop out as we approached.

IMG_2919.jpg

This morning we did a short sail out of Westpoint Harbor so my wife and dog could tag along for some time on the water.

IMG_4213.jpeg

IMG_2935.jpg

Jan 15, 2014
Morgan 323 Portland
Columbia River. #1 approaching Asotria from up river. #2 out of Cathlamet 30 miles upriver of Astoria.

Phil

Feb 11, 2017
Morris Annie Haleiwa, HI
Rafting with friends last year. Port Jefferson, Long Island NY.
Nice! My daughter just graduated from Stony Brook U. She was a member of their sailing team for 4.5 years and also raced on a J Boat. She spent a lot of time on the water in Port Jefferson and in Long Island Sound.

Jan 19, 2010
Catalina 34 Casco Bay

With hundreds of islands, inlets, bays and rivers, it's no surprise.

I would compliment your picture taking skills here, Tom, but considering the natural beauty of the Maine coastline, you really can't take a bad picture. ;)

-Will (Dragonfly)
Bad pic...nothin' how about the names... like...Muscongus Bay, Eggemoggin Reach, Mussel Ridge, Cundy's Harbor and on and on....

May 6, 2010
1984 Oday 39 79 Milwaukee
Anchored in Egg Harbor earlier and caught this Sabre sailing in from the sunset. We had two weeks of blazing sun and almost no wind on our summer cruise. The water in the anchorage was 80 degrees - almost unheard of for Door County.
20200708_190749.jpg