Some dumb questions

Jun 8, 2004
-na -NA Anywhere USA
You may have the trailer in too far unless it is a steep ramp. With the guide ons being that low, when loading the boat onto the trailer, they will get caught under the hull to deck joint in the rear causing damage. Suggestion is to put temp. longer ones on as the others come off easily. If the ramp is at a normal slant, then you may be in too far. Try not putting it in so far.

One other thing. When you go 10-20 miles, it is a good point to pull over and check tie downs, winch strap and most important the hubs. If they are warm you are fine but if super hot, you have problems with the bearings/racers or it could be if you have brakes being stuck in a locked position which either will require immediate attention. Suggest that you carry a small grease gun, extra tire, four way lug wrench and a floor jack with a couple of blocks of wood.

Jul 16, 2016
Hunter 23.5 Cascade
Good advice on the wood blocks and grease gun. The rest of the stuff I already carry. Thanks!

Aug 18, 2019
Hunter 23.5 Dania Beach, Florida
So after getting the mast up with ease after figuring out that you hook the mainsheet in the anchor locker, (thanks forum members), I'm focused on a couple other things.
First, I'm not sure where to attach the tack of the sail? The double hook on the gooseneck?

Second, where do I secure the reefing line? I'm used to there being a cleat on the bottom of the boom but I don't have one.

How did you get that ram’s horn in there? I’m having a heck of a time. It’s like a Chinese puzzle.

Sep 30, 2016
Island Packet IP 44 Ventura, CA
How did you get that ram’s horn in there? I’m having a heck of a time. It’s like a Chinese puzzle.
You may need to remove the boom. If you have someone to hold it up for a minute you don’t even need to mess with the sail. Just pull the pin.

Jan 19, 2010
Hobie 16 & Rhodes 22 Skeeter Charleston
You may need to remove the boom. If you have someone to hold it up for a minute you don’t even need to mess with the sail. Just pull the pin.
:plus:

Yep
You have to remove the boom at the gooseneck.

Jan 19, 2010
Hobie 16 & Rhodes 22 Skeeter Charleston
But the tack does not get secured by the horn. The horn is for reefing. The grommet at the tack is secured with a through bolt.