Two-tined Fork Boat Symbol

Apr 22, 2009
Pearson P-31 Quantico
Any idea what sailboat uses a two-tined fork as a logo? It happens that their main is the 100% jib for a Balboa 27. I needed a 100 percent jib and foiund the main in a extra sail bag at the house. So, just asking a question regarding a two-tined fork as a boat symbol.

Feb 8, 2017
MacGregor MacGregor 25 Middle River
As near as I can figure, it’s for an old Pearson Triton. Several 3 tined pitchforks on sails, but only one with 2 that I can find. A picture would be most helpful. Good luck!

Ron

ggray

Mar 20, 2016
Voyage 430 Deltaville, VA
It happens that their main is the 100% jib for a Balboa 27. I needed a 100 percent jib and foiund the main in a extra sail bag at the house.
You could use the main as a jib??
Seems it would take a lot of work to make that possible.

Oct 29, 2016
Hunter 41 DS Port Huron
@RobertLangdirect While main sail you have discovered may meet the dimensional requirements of a 100% jib, typically the sail cloth of the main will be much heavier than the jib which would lead to performance issues.

ggray

Mar 20, 2016
Voyage 430 Deltaville, VA
Not to mention having to install hanks, reinforcing the new luff, etc, and the draft is not in the right place.Panels not oriented correctly.
Buying a used jib would make more sense.

But if you were offshore and this was all you had....

Apr 22, 2009
Pearson P-31 Quantico
@RobertLangdirect While main sail you have discovered may meet the dimensional requirements of a 100% jib, typically the sail cloth of the main will be much heavier than the jib which would lead to performance issues.
Yes. However, the boat has no jib to speak of.

So, here's a story. I took the Triton(as I know it is now) Main with us as a 100 percent jib if needed. I recut (nearly well) a somewhat small and very crusty Mylar Jib from my Pearson 31, to make a 140 percent jib. We raced last Saturday. Initial wind was too much and we were way off on our start.

But daughter came home with a third place.