New Forums: Questions, Suggestions, Comments

Phil Herring

Alien
Mar 25, 1997
- - Bainbridge Island
I regularly log into SBO using an iPad.
It used too automatically recognize me on login, but now I need to login with id and password each time.
I haven't heard of that yet. Let's see if others are having the same problem. There may be some conflict happening between cookies set by the old site and the new site, so it might sort itself out over a little time.

On login, it takes me automatically to new Catalina 22 posts. Unread posts were clearly highlighted in bold text. Now I find little distinction between bold headings (unread posts) and regular headings (posts I have already read). Could these be better differentiated?
Yes, that can be done.

After reading the new posts, there used to be a Catalina 22 tag line at the bottom of the page, to take me back to the other unread posts in this category. That now seems to have disappeared! I now need to use the up arrow to go back to the top of the page to find that tag line! (not a major issue, but nevertheless annoying!)
We're working on that. Some of the links and small nav bits are installed with plugins, and not all of the plugins for the old version are available for the new version. So it may take a week or so to get that resolved.

Lastly, I was unable to find the new SBO app in the App Store! What is it called?
It's not there yet, I will announce all of that when it becomes available. Should be very soon.

Jun 21, 2011
Catalina 22 MKII Scarborough, Ontario
I haven't heard of that yet. Let's see if others are having the same problem. There may be some conflict happening between cookies set by the old site and the new site, so it might sort itself out over a little time.

Yes, that can be done.

We're working on that. Some of the links and small nav bits are installed with plugins, and not all of the plugins for the old version are available for the new version. So it may take a week or so to get that resolved.

It's not there yet, I will announce all of that when it becomes available. Should be very soon.

Phil, thanks so much for your quick response.

Apr 27, 2010
Hunter 23 Lake Wallenpaupack
I've seen a number of posts asking how to create a persistent link to a particular forum. I use that on Android to go to smaller Hunter boats. As far as I can tell the new site seems to ignore the destination parameters in the link definition. Looks to me like it returns to the last place you looked at. Now that may be unique to Android, may be a setting somewhere we can control, or I may be wrong. Could do for some experimentation

Last edited:
Aug 1, 2011
Catalina 270 255 Wabamun. Welcome to the marina
My iPad has been itinerant for a very long time. Everything else saves the login.

Phil Herring

Alien
Mar 25, 1997
- - Bainbridge Island
I've seen a number of posts asking how to create a persistent link to a particular forum. I use that on Android to go to smaller Hunter boats. As far as I can tell the new site seems to ignore the destination parameters in the link definition. Looks to me like it returns to the last place you looked at. Now that may be unique to Android, may be a setting somewhere we can control, or I may be wrong. Could do for some experimentation
Works okay on iOS so it may be an Android thing. The server is going to deliver anything that's in the url, so I suspect the issue is the way Android saves the link.

Apr 27, 2010
Hunter 23 Lake Wallenpaupack
Works okay on iOS so it may be an Android thing. The server is going to deliver anything that's in the url, so I suspect the issue is the way Android saves the link.
I tried to debug and there is no obvious way to see or edit what is saved as the link on the Android desktop saved page icon. Oh well.

Phil Herring

Alien
Mar 25, 1997
- - Bainbridge Island
I tried to debug and there is no obvious way to see or edit what is saved as the link on the Android desktop saved page icon. Oh well.
I've never even touch a power button on an Android phone, but I'm sure there are users here who can help figure this out. And, the app will be here! The workload of the past couple days has delayed it a little but it will be public within a few days.

Aug 1, 2011
Catalina 270 255 Wabamun. Welcome to the marina
Meaning this login is not saved? Stupid question here, but you are checking the saved login box?
No stupid questions, one day it just asked for the login, and no amount of threatening seems to make it change its mind.
It’s no better now, so that’s likely something odd in iOS

Jan 7, 2011
Oday 322 East Chicago, IN
I used to be able to hit “Mark thread as read” in a list of threads in a forum. It would just mark the thread as read and not open the thread.

Now it seems it wants to open the thread.

Greg