Ready. Set. Whoa!

Aug 2, 2005
Pearson 33-2 & Typhoon 18 Seneca Lake
Ah, ugh:banghead:
Sounds waaaaay too familiar.
Rain, bears, bee meeting, new farmers market. Unpacking, repacking, reunpacking and rerepacking our car. It's even snowed and rained. I can't find what my electric fence has grounded out. Lost two chickens and 5 turkeys. Been working at this from 7am to 11pm since I got home. None of it related to sailing.

-Will (Dragonfly)
Cheer up! There is a vague sailing related subject in your efforts. Frequently, the SBO Members discuss grounding problems of the electrical kind and they discuss wiring difficulties in general. Bees, Bears, Chickens & Turkeys? There, Will, you are on your own!

Oct 19, 2017
O'Day 19 Littleton, NH
You did see the Youtube video about Monique, the chicken sailing around the World?

-Will (Dragonfly)

Oct 26, 2008
Catalina 320 Barnegat, NJ
Nowhere near completing all that stuff you mention, but SHE IS IN THE WATER! Going down to Barnegat tomorrow to celebrate the sun & water (& clean stuff up with Sue). My dock neighbors, OTOH, are SLOW this year …
@Ward H whatcha doin?

Ward H

Nov 7, 2011
Catalina 30 Mk II Barnegat, NJ
@Scott T-Bird
Will be down late tomorrow, between 4 & 5.
Hang Genoa, test run engine, bottom paint and install GI is on this weekends list of projects.
Hope to be in by Memorial Day.

Jun 14, 2010
Robertson & Caine 2017 Leopard 40 CT
Splash! Brought the boat home today in 5-10k winds. Had to work out a few gremlins that developed over the winter: The bow thruster relay had bad contacts, and the kill switch died (ironically). Both were worked out within about 90 minutes at the dock and all are working now. My PSS shaft seal (which was serviced last weekend) is working like a charm.

Last edited:
Oct 6, 2007
Hunter H30 1982 Chicago IL
May 17th and only one boat on my dock so far! Very unusual. I’ll be in on the 22nd. Had good weather mid-week, so took Wednesday off to catch up with the launch critical stuff. More cleaning, impeller blade, etc. to do tomorrow.

Oct 19, 2017
O'Day 19 Littleton, NH
I actually took the tarp off Dragonfly today. This last Winter along with several years of Sun destroyed the tarp. Dragonfly is covered in algae and there is water in the bilge up to the CB pin holes. A clear trail of water staining running from the chainplate backer plates.
20190517_131004.jpg
20190517_131017.jpg

There's a little work to do, I guess.

-Will (Dragonfly)

Aug 28, 2006
Bavaria 35E seattle
Did some cleaning and waxing of the cabin top and stern. Then hoisted the code flags for the Opening Day parade May 4. Here we are anchored after the parade waiting to return through the cut to Lake Union. Planning just to sail Lake Washington for Memorial Day weekend, perhaps anchor at Andrews Bay. Don't want to deal with the lock traffic this holiday in order to get to the sound.
in deep w flags portage bay.jpg

Oct 2, 2008
Pearson/ 530 Strafford, NH
Splash! Brought the boat home today in 5-10k winds. Had to work out a few gremlins that developed over the winter: The bow thruster relay had bad contacts, and the kill switch died (ironically). Both were worked out within about 90 minutes at the dock and all are working now. My PSS shaft seal (which was serviced last weekend) is working like a charm.
A bow thruster?

Jun 14, 2010
Robertson & Caine 2017 Leopard 40 CT
Yes @All U Get the bow thruster enhances slow speed dockside maneuvering. The boat has a centerboard and the bow thruster enables me to pivot the boat either direction at slow speed forward or reverse, and also makes it easier to pull away from a dock to windward without spring lines.

Sep 15, 2013
Catalina 270 Baltimore
Been commissioned since April. Just came back from my fourth day sail of the new season. So far so good.

Aug 1, 2011
Catalina 270 255 Wabamun. Welcome to the marina
Still a coat of Colonite to apply, maybe wet Friday next.

Jan 7, 2011
Oday 322 East Chicago, IN
I splashed on April 2, and FINALLY got a first sail in today!

Admiral and I got a 10 nm sail in, good wind and made 7 knots for a while.

EED497F7-E9F4-414D-AA9B-80D5251DDBC6.pngDE4C5B97-D29B-4069-83F0-D7E34D7361DF.png

Toilet hoses replaced, pump rebuilt, engine checked, sails on and ready for sailing season !

Cheers,

Greg