eye candy

May 25, 2012
john alden caravelle 42 sturgeon bay, wis

wharram cat. 1960's, build a boat, get a hippi girl friend, sail the world. i adore James Wharram and what he did

Jul 1, 1998
Hunter Legend 35 Poulsbo/Semiahmoo WA
Will - the Stone Horse has nice lines.

Rounded Cape Caution CA in pea soup fog and a good wind. Met up with a couple returning from Alaska and they didn't have any radar so we buddy-boated until the visibility finally picked up. Can't remember if it was lapstrake or not but think it may have been. This is a fairly busy traffic route so just wanted to help them with avoiding targets. Their boat was green and white.

Jon's Cal 20 is an interesting boat. There was one that sold a few years ago in the local Marina sale for unpaid rent and, from what I remember, it went pretty cheap which is about par because of no trailer. For someone looking to pick up a project boat these occasional marina sales can be a good place to scope out.

TomY

Alden Forum Moderator
Jun 22, 2004
Alden 38' Challenger yawl Rockport Harbor
Stone Horse with a 9' Dyer Dhow in tow. A smart, close to home pocket cruiser package for a young family or a couple.
Stone Horse .jpg

May 25, 2012
john alden caravelle 42 sturgeon bay, wis
i had a stone horse as a mooring neighbor for many years. sadly, was sold and went to maine

Oct 22, 2014
CAL 35 Cruiser #21 moored EVERETT WA
@RoyS That is one good recycling project. Whole new meaning to Sundowner. Not so sure "old" is 33.

Oct 22, 2014
CAL 35 Cruiser #21 moored EVERETT WA
That is sure a snazzy paint job. Wonder if it is a Wrap?

We saw some really good wrap material at the Vancouver Boat Show. Offered as an alternative to paint. Any one have experience with a boat wrap? Has it held up? How does it handle dings?

Oct 19, 2017
O'Day 19 Littleton, NH
That is sure a snazzy paint job. Wonder if it is a Wrap?

We saw some really good wrap material at the Vancouver Boat Show. Offered as an alternative to paint. Any one have experience with a boat wrap? Has it held up? How does it handle dings?
And how does it compare for cost?

-Will (Dragonfly)

Oct 19, 2017
O'Day 19 Littleton, NH

I don't think it is a good idea to make your sailboat look like a giant wahoo. There are giant squid out there bigger than your boat. No reason to tease them.

-Will (Dragonfly)