Looking for Datamarine Depth Sounder S200DL

Nov 24, 2018
Cape Dory 26 Oriental
I am looking for a Datamarine S200DL depth sounder. LCD is going bad in current one. Let me know if you have one you are willing to sell.

Oct 22, 2014
CAL 35 Cruiser #21 moored EVERETT WA
A search turned up this site in NY. While not listing a LCD they may have additional info to lead you to a solution.

The Datamarine site appears to have a new unit. Have you discussed the issue with them?

Is your depth sounder a stand alone system? Depth sounding is a system of few parts. A transducer to make noise, a power source to drive the system, and a method of translating the recovered signals so you can understand them (the LCD pod). There are a number of ways you might solve the Display issue.
What are the limitations you have? Money? Hole in the boat to fill? Want to match the old technology?

Nov 24, 2018
Cape Dory 26 Oriental
I saw the ones from DMI, but they were a bit expensive. I wanted to see if anyone had one (the LCD pod) that they no longer wanted. The transducer/power source is working properly.

Oct 22, 2014
CAL 35 Cruiser #21 moored EVERETT WA
What I suspected. So you are just looking for a way of displaying the signal from the transducer.
This might come from a variety of displays.
https://www.ebay.com/bhp/depth-sounder
Here are a few examples.
Granted it’s ebay. You can also look at WM.
You might find the display at a boat consignment shop.

I wanted to get the depth to my Raymarine SeatalkNG backbone. I used the existing transducer that was in my hull. I connected it to an iTC-5 unit that takes the signal and translates it into a numerical depth number. This number is available to several displays. My iPad, my laptop, my iPhone and my AP display.

There are many options. What path interest you?

Jan 24, 2017
Hunter 34 Toms River Nj
contact Dmi they service all the data marine units.
Had mine serviced and I am very satisfied with there service.
I think that they may have some ventage pod for sale.

Feb 26, 2004
Catalina 34 224 Maple Bay, BC, Canada
I saw the ones from DMI, but they were a bit expensive. I wanted to see if anyone had one (the LCD pod) that they no longer wanted. The transducer/power source is working properly.
Robbie is right, they FIX the OLD ones, read their website, linked earlier.
Not too hard for a good start.
Good luck.

Jul 23, 2009
Beneteau 31 Oceanis Grand Lake, Oklahoma
If the LCD digits are dim and difficult to read the polarizer is probably failing due to UV exposure. Try holding a pair of polarized sunglasses in front of the display and rotate them, do the number get easier to read? If so all you need to do is order a sheet of polarized film and cut out a new piece for the display. It is just a plastic film that lays on top of the LCD. Google it.