Aluminum Paste, ever work with it?

May 20, 2016
Catalina 36 MK1 94 Everett, WA
Brian, I hear ya, from "up here" and my own issue! It's an M6 for me! Where did you get the drill&tap? Thanks again for your followups.
Stu Last I heard the good old US of A is one of the last holdouts for switching to metric. That said even I have a collection of metric taps and dies. :poke:

Les

Feb 17, 2006
Lancer 27PS MCB Camp Pendleton KF6BL
Actually Les, we are waiting for the world to catch up and dump that silly metric system. Who ever heard of using whole number when everyone know fractions is where it's at! :poke:

Jan 5, 2017
Beneteau First 38 Lyall Harbour Saturna Island
At least every one but the British left Whitworth behind.
I think U.K. went metric in the '70's. I know I can't do the Imperial system anymore.. inches to feet to yard to rods to chains to cables to furlongs to miles to leagues. At least metric every answer is 10.... easy enough for an old man to remember.

Feb 26, 2004
Catalina 34 224 Maple Bay, BC, Canada
Aha, now I'm a "metric head." :) Always a hoot.

Sources for drills&taps???

Jan 5, 2017
Beneteau First 38 Lyall Harbour Saturna Island
Sources for drills&taps???
Stu, I got my metric taps and dies at Canadian Tire. Mastercraft are a pretty good brand, set came with drills. I'm sure they still have them. Pretty sure there is a CT in Duncan if you can't find any closer to you.

Jan 19, 2010
Hobie 16 & Rhodes 22 Skeeter Charleston
Actually Les, we are waiting for the world to catch up and dump that silly metric system. Who ever heard of using whole number when everyone know fractions is where it's at! :poke:
:plus: I was working a nut on an IKEA bed just this past Saturday. The 7/16th wrench was too big and the 3/8th was too small. I had to go out to the shed and find my 10mm wrench. RIDICULOUS! :kick:

Jan 19, 2010
Hobie 16 & Rhodes 22 Skeeter Charleston
I like your idea of making every nut and bolt a different size. While at it, go nuts (pun intended) and make every screw a different head type:rolleyes:

Aug 22, 2017
Hunter 26.5 West Palm Beach
I'm still waiting for a 10&7/8mm reverse iso-metric ratchet.
The first time I worked on a piece of equipment in Italy, I was surprised to see that the local mechanics had only metric tools, but still every socket fit on a 3/8" or 1/2" drive ratchet. I had sort of expected them to have a 10mm square drive, or something like that, for their sockets.

Sep 20, 2014
Rob Legg RL24 Chain O'Lakes
....Oh how I hate that. Slot, phillips, robertson, torx, allen and anything new they come up with.
Square drive is where it is at. That is all I ever use any more, unless I can't find what I need in square drive.