Sail Care

Sep 25, 1999
Hunter 23.5 Indian Lake
I thought there was a company that did a re resin process to bring life back to older sails . I realize there is no substitue for a new sail , just trying for another year before biting the bullet .

Dec 28, 2009
Macgregor M25 trailer
I had very good experience with them. I had my main cleaned and some minor repairs done, had a 110 jib made for roller furling.

Had a slight hitch with the 100 jib I'd sent with the main to possiably convert from hank to roller, but desided to get the new 110 and just keep the hank on.

When I got my sails back the 100 jib wasn't in the box, waited a few days no jib, so I gave them a call. The checked the order and said that the jib was supposed to be shipped back, but it wasn't on the packing list, please give them a couple of days to find out what went a stray. Two days later they called that they had found it, that it had been mistakingly put in the used sail department and it was on the way to me overnight.

I got it the next day, it had been cleaned, some stitching done and a sail bag. I called them about what I owed them for the bag and the cleaning, they said no charge, payment for my patience.

Good People

Jun 8, 2004
-na -NA Anywhere USA
mmsailor;

I second on that company as I have only heard positive comments. However, if you are going to replace the sail at the end of next year without any rips or loose stitching, may I suggest a good sailboat sail cleaner. It has been so long but I would suggest that as it would be easier and cheaper for you.

Sep 25, 1999
Hunter 23.5 Indian Lake
mmsailor;

I second on that company as I have only heard positive comments. However, if you are going to replace the sail at the end of next year without any rips or loose stitching, may I suggest a good sailboat sail cleaner. It has been so long but I would suggest that as it would be easier and cheaper for you.
Dave are you saying the re resin process is not something that you would recommend ?

Clark

Jun 30, 2004
Hunter 280 Lake Guntersville, AL
I thought there was a company that did a re resin process to bring life back to older sails . I realize there is no substitue for a new sail , just trying for another year before biting the bullet .
I've used Sailcare and they do an outstanding job of cleaning and re-resining. With that said, I second the opinion to just use an inexpensive cleaner if you plan to get new ones in a year. IIRC, it was over $400 to do my main and jib on a Cal 25.

Nov 8, 2010
Beneteau First 36.7 & 260 Minneapolis MN & Bayfield WI
Dave are you saying the re resin process is not something that you would recommend ?
One thing to remember is that high quality Dacron sailcloth actually has very little resin in it. Resin is added to sub-par quality cloth to reduce the wind permeability. The Sailcare process adds resin and stiffens up old worn cloth, but it is not a permanent fix, nor is the end result the same as high quality dacron.

Jun 4, 2004
Hunter 260 South Haven, MI
I have used Sail Care to refurbish a number of my sails over the years, including replacing a faded Hunter logo on the main of my Hunter Cherubini 30. Latest order was to inspect and clean sails for my current H260. They have always sent me a satisfactory box with clean, crisp, and well folded sails.

Sailm8

Feb 21, 2008
Hunter 29.5 Punta Gorda
They do a great job but are pricey. If you are planning to replace a sail next year I would just clean it and save the money for the new sail. Sailcare does a great job but it's not cheap and can't do miracles.