Zincs on 410

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

Bill Ihlenfeldt

I have been following the thread on zincs. Where is/are the zincs located on a 410? I also note there is a zinc saver---where is its location? Thanks.

D

DICK MCKEE

A Galvanic Isolator..

is the zink saver I believe your referring to. If you or a previous owner didn't install one or order it with the boat from Hunter, I dont't think you have one. When installed it is normally located between the shore power plug and the electrical pannel. Thre is a great article with reviews in the September issue of Cruising World Magazine. Hope this helps Dick McKee S/V Constellation

B

Bob Beck

Zincs

There is a Zinc on the Propeller shaft, there may or maynot be one on the strut for the shaft(dealer's option), and there may be some(2, 3 or zero) in your engine, again depending on which engine you have. The zinc saver is an option.

Sep 24, 1999
Hunter H46LE Sausalito
option?

I don't remember ordering the zinc saver on my 410; I think that Hunter included it standard. It is accessed through the electrical panel, and is located in the area right behind and below the stereo. The zinc goes on the shaft, just forward of the strut. If you're going to install one yourself, you'll need one for a 1.25" shaft.

G

Garrett Pensell

zincs and zinc savers

Hunter has been installing the zinc saver as standard equipment for at least several years. One additional note on the shaft zinc- make sure you place it at least 3-4 inches ahead of the cutless. This will allow good water flow through the bearing, which should help it last longer. As far as I know, every 410 has come equipped with the fresh-water-cooled Yanmar, which does not have any internal zincs. My biggest piece of advice on zincs, stray current and galvanic corrosion is to avoid leaving the boat plugged in to shore power all the time. Your next door neighbor can be your boat's worst enemy...

Status
Not open for further replies.