Zinc for 2007 343

Apr 16, 2015
Beneteau 343 Vancouver
Can someone tell me where and what kind of zinc I should put on my boat? At this point we plan to put near the prop. Do we put the zinc on POINT A or POINT B. It's been suggested we put on rudder and keel too.

Also, we don't seem know the size we need. I was told 25mm but my diver said it didn't fit. I assume he was putting it on POINT A but found that it was too wide and perhaps I need a donut shape instead.

Attachments

Feb 26, 2011
Achilles SD-130 Alameda, CA
Can someone tell me where and what kind of zinc I should put on my boat? At this point we plan to put near the prop. Do we put the zinc on POINT A or POINT B. It's been suggested we put on rudder and keel too.

Also, we don't seem know the size we need. I was told 25mm but my diver said it didn't fit. I assume he was putting it on POINT A but found that it was too wide and perhaps I need a donut shape instead.
Man, you are getting some really bad info. Your prop has a nut designed to take a 25mm Beneteau cap anode. It looks like this:

If you like, you can install a limited clearance collar on the shaft, also 25mm and also specifically for French boats:

Your "Point B" doesn't need an anode, nor should you try to mount one there. Same goes for the rudder and keel. They don't need them, nor would mounting them there serve a useful purpose.

Jan 22, 2008
Beneteau 323 Annapolis MD
[QUOTE="... Are you able to confirm that this is what I need...[/QUOTE]
You need someone to verify a 25 or 30 mm shaft before you get the zinc. Check it from inside the cabin.

Last edited:
Apr 16, 2015
Beneteau 343 Vancouver
hey fstbttms, thanks for the great info. I have an anode on order. We live in Vancouver, Canada and have found that our zincs don't last 6 months. Is that par for the course. Do you know of any other solutions? We are considering doing a zinc off the side over the winter then put the prop zinc on when we pull it out of the water in the spring.

Feb 26, 2011
hey fstbttms, thanks for the great info. I have an anode on order. We live in Vancouver, Canada and have found that our zincs don't last 6 months. Is that par for the course. Do you know of any other solutions? We are considering doing a zinc off the side over the winter then put the prop zinc on when we pull it out of the water in the spring.
Those little French prop anodes are too small to typically last a long time. You can use a "guppy" anode (as you mentioned) or you could add a shaft anode. Either will help. BTW- putting the boat in the water without any anode on the prop or shaft is probably a mistake.

Last edited:
Jan 22, 2008
Beneteau 323 Annapolis MD
[QUOTE="No he doesn't. The Beneteau 343 has a 25mm shaft. You can take that to the bank.[/QUOTE]

Thank you for "verifying" that info.

Feb 26, 2011
Thank you for "verifying" that info.
If by "verifying" you mean calling on my experience installing anodes on many Beneteau 343s over the course of the last 10 or 11 years, you're welcome. :rolleyes:

Jun 21, 2004
Beneteau 343 Slidell, LA
Fstbttms is giving you the correct information. My '06 343 has a 25mm shaft. Use a 25mm shaft collar at point "A" for sure. The anode cap on the prop nut depletes too quickly. You can use both if you like, but definitely use the shaft collar zinc. Boatzincs.com is a good source; reasonable cost & quick shipping. Don't try to put a zinc on the stern tube fitting that protrudes from the hull.

DougM

Jul 24, 2005
Beneteau 323 Manistee, MI
Does anyone know of a source other than Boatzincs.com that would have equivalent magnesium anodes for those of us that sail in fresh water?

Feb 26, 2004
Catalina 34 224 Maple Bay, BC, Canada
Doug, my first choice would be to contact boatzincs and ask them if they have magnesium anodes, too. :)

Good luck.