Zarcor companionway doors on your Hunter?

Oct 22, 2014
CAL 35 Cruiser #21 moored EVERETT WA
Great looking upgrade. :thumbup:

Money well spent. A whole lot easier to get thru the companion way.

How did it work out with your mainsheet and traveler?

Nov 30, 2015
Hunter 1978 H30 Cherubini, Treman Marina, Ithaca, NY
Great looking upgrade. :thumbup:

Money well spent. A whole lot easier to get thru the companion way.

How did it work out with your mainsheet and traveler?
No issues. The doors are removable, but they also clear the mainsheet and traveler by an inch when opening and closing. We installed the doors in May, before launching this season. Sadly, our season is over...we de-rigged two weeks ago and just waiting in line for the haul out.

Oct 22, 2014
CAL 35 Cruiser #21 moored EVERETT WA
It is always sad when the seasons change and you have to put away the toys of Summer.

Just think you get to look forward to winter coats, galoshes, snow blowers, and ice.
At least it is not Groundhog Day over and over and over.....

Nov 30, 2015
It is always sad when the seasons change and you have to put away the toys of Summer.

Just think you get to look forward to winter coats, galoshes, snow blowers, and ice.
At least it is not Groundhog Day over and over and over.....
Yeah, that and some new snow grips for the truck. I think we were really lucky to enjoy any sailing this crazy year. Late start, early removal. I’ll take my chances for Groundhog Day 2021. It‘s gotta be better...right?

• Ha
Nov 30, 2015
Now, that's impressive !

I think what you need now is a big shiny brass door knocker to complete the entranceway. Maybe something tasteful like this :biggrin::

View attachment 185893
I gotta nice set of knockers...which have nothing to do with the companionway doors.:biggrin: And the Admiral is thrilled with her entrance!

C14F1A70-2AEB-4485-A89C-EC0C81ADD50B.jpeg

Last edited: