YSM-8 Yanmar cooling system

Status
Not open for further replies.
May 10, 2004
Catalina 27 San Francisco Bay.
I have the 8 HP YSM-8 in my '78 O'day27, the cooling water will stop comming out of the exaust if the boat heals over when motor-sailing (air bubble) but then it has a hard time self priming again and set off the overheat buzzer/light. There is an anti-syphoning elbo between the top of the engine and the exaust elbow. The book says this is a correct install but I am wondering if that is now allowing the water pump to re-prime itself. I have replace the impeller and checked all hoses and the through hull fitting for good flow. To get it to prime, I need to rev the engine a few times and it will finally pump water. This can not be right and wondering if anyone else has had this problem. Thanks for any input. Dave. 'SlipAway'

Jun 7, 2004
- - Boothbay, Maine
YSM -8 Yanmar

HI, DAVE. I HAVE a yanmar engine in my 28 oday and a service outfit has a YANMAR website of trouble shooting its a great site I check it out every day its www.yanmarhelp.com. there are a lot people asking questions and they come back with your question and answer.So Iwould give it a try It worked for me I have a 3gm30f yanmar its 27hp Good Luck Frederick Pierce

Status
Not open for further replies.