ysb8 warning lights

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Steve

After our last discussion, I went back and cleaned the sockets for the bulbs and I now have 2 of the 3 lights working when the key is turned to the left (I presume this is a test position) the third light that won't glow is probably the high heat light that shoudn't ground in the test position anyway. When I go to start the engine, shouldn't the bulbs light before I start and stay lighted until the engine is running. I also found two unattached leads that have with power in the " test position " and I think they may be for a departed buzzer. Could someone tell me how the warning system works on their boat. It will make it easier to fix if I know how it is supposed to work. Thanks in advance, Steve.

T

Trevor

Engine Alarm

Hi Steve - You probably already checked the bulb on the light that doesn't work, but I had to throw that out there just in case. I don't know how your system is "supposed" to work, but if you wire it up in a way that alerts you when the engine is overheating, then that should be sufficient. If there isn't a buzzer there anymore, you should consider adding one. It's easy to miss an alarm light since you typically aren't staring at the engine panel underway. Sorry I don't know the particulars about your engine panel. Best of luck, Trevor

Status
Not open for further replies.