you tube

Dec 7, 2012
Kittiwake 23, Irwin 43 .. Indianapolis / indianatown, fl
hello all

I have become a firm believer of you tube for information and learning videos.... I have learned fiberglass technics from the boat works videos.... I have how to set up a lazyjack from sailrite... I just finished learning eye splicing technics.... and I know there is a lot more I will be looking for on you tube....

here is a photo of my 1st and 2nd attempt of doing an eye splice on my halyards.... took about 3 hours on the 1st one (black rope), and about 30 minutes on the 2nd rope Main halyard (white/red thread)

sincerely
Jess

Attachments

Jan 22, 2008
Islander Freeport, 41 Ketch Longmont, CO
I too have found lots of infomration both from you tube and just general google searches. Recently spent a lot of time learnign how to finish bright work with epoxy (saves about 10 coats of varnish).

Whenever the admiral has a question or a problem my first stop is to do a search on the question. zz

Splicing, fiberglass, epoxy, car repairs, etc. are available. Just ask teh questions.

mm2347

Oct 21, 2008
oday 222 niagara
Use caution when viewing or reading INTERNET info. Ive a deep background using composites-resin systems in building and repairs and have seen much misleading or limited info. Expoy systems for example have many attributes but with pluses come minuses. For example: When used as a coating it will may last for a longer period of time than varnish. The problem is when it fails (and will) or is damaged the time spent to replace or repair is huge and labor intense. Varnish will take yearly re coating but is easy and fast to touch up dings and is often less labor intensive and over the life of your boat. When expoy starts to peel or get cloudly you have your work cut out.

Aug 1, 2011
Catalina 270 255 Wabamun. Welcome to the marina
There are as many opinions on the interweb as there are products. We got rid of the boat that has outside wood. Quickly dropped by one the topics needing to be looked at on the old interweb. Shiny fiberglass, now that's a totally different topic. :)