You might be a redneck if...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 7, 2009
MacGregor Venture 25 Lake Norman
...your boat is up on concrete blocks in front of your house!

I had seen a number of ways to support the boat while replacing the bunks. I had a bunch of concrete block, and I had a flat concrete surface to work on, so I went with what I had.

I jacked up the trailer/boat with my floor jack and put it on jackstands. Then I stacked the block and blocked the boat up. Then I took the wheels off the trailer and dropped it to the ground. The stern sits on two flat 2x8's. The boat will rock slightly, you have to stick some wedges in the sides. And no, I'm not getting in or on the boat while it's up.

Got most of the way through with the bunks today, should have her sitting pretty on the trailer tomorrow afternoon.

Attachments

Dec 23, 2008
Catalina 22 Central Penna.
Tent stakes

To take the rock out, use mooring or anchor lines off the bow and stern cleats and stake it out like you would a tent.

Benny

Sep 27, 2008
Hunter 320 Tampa, FL
Only if you seat in the cockpit drinking beer and waving to the passing land yachts.

Nov 6, 2006
Hunter 34 Mandeville Louisiana
Or if it is used as a chicken coop.. for 23 chickens.. the 24th is being prepped for supper as we speak..

Jan 24, 2005
Oday 222 Dighton, Ma.
Or, if you have a "three holer" cut into your Port quarter birth for when nature calls. :eek:

Sep 20, 2006
Oday 20 Seneca Lake
if you have your pregnant wife refinishing the teak while in labor. but that's too long of a story to go into here : )

Jan 24, 2005
Oday 222 Dighton, Ma.
if you have your pregnant wife refinishing the teak while in labor. but that's too long of a story to go into here : )
If you have your 85 year old mother sanding your sailboat at the club dock. This really happened in our club two years ago and they were club members for only that summer and they went back down South. Ya had to be there to see it. :D

Sep 30, 2008
Oday 22 on trailer at home in Jewett City CT (15 miles from New London)
This swamp yankee uses green red oak to reolace rotted teak boat trim -- toe rail, etc. When it ages, it takes a stain beautifully.

D

dikky

OOOOOOOOOOPS confused, by the different point of view related to the boats.

Nov 28, 2009
Catalina 30 St. Croix
I would wedge a piece of lumber on either side. The boat has a rub rail that appears to stick out enough to do that

Status
Not open for further replies.