You know it's spring when...

RussC

Sep 11, 2015
Merit 22- Oregon lakes
You know it's spring when...... Tweety is checked out, packed with gear, and hitched to the truck. see ya later alligators :yeah: :laugh:

P1040788.jpg

Oct 22, 2014
CAL 35 Cruiser #21 moored EVERETT WA
I know it's Spring when I flashed by the Plum Tree in the bottom of the yard.
Spring.JPG

Apr 4, 2016
Newport 28 Richardson Marina
IMG_0051.JPG
Been a busy week. Took a week of vacation and have accomplished a hell of a lot: fixed keel trailing edge damage and faired, sanded bottom and applied 2 coats of paint minus areas where trailer pads are, buffed entire hull to remove white oxidation and applied 1 coat of wax, cleaned halyards, replaced topping lift and flag halyard, cleaned up 3 different grounds on engine block to 1 common ground location ( need to add ground bus), cleaned up wiring to main distribution block ( wires with 3 butt splices on a 9" wire on 6 wires), added fuel tank vent fitting, fixed 3 leaks in anchor locker, remounted & replumbed waste holding tank ( found it tipped forward so 1.5 gallons were not draining on pump out), epoxied miscellaneous cracks and holes, washed deck and cockpit, rerouted main engine to battery ground, installed mast top LED anchor light, installed proper LED stern light, installed mast head wind indicator, cleaned entire interior with help of Admiral, applied number and name decals, cleaned and lubricated winches, lubricated all turn buckles and some things I probably forgot about... can't wait to get back to work and relax!

Oct 22, 2014
CAL 35 Cruiser #21 moored EVERETT WA
Wow, Ned. If you want to take another week off, how about joining me on my boat in Everett. Sounds like you have energy to spare...:clap:

Oct 3, 2011
Anam Cara Catalina 310 Hull #155 155 Lake Erie/Catawba Island
Taking shrink wrap off this weekend, painting the bottom and Waxing the hull!!!
It will snow here Friday but on Monday 76!!!
Good to be retired!!!! :biggrin:

Oct 29, 2016
Hunter 41 DS Port Huron
Snow predicted today, but 60's on the weekend, cover is being removed and packed for another season, will also target cleaning the sides of the hull above the water line and begin prepping the bottom for a fresh couple of coats of paint. Not sure how much I will achieve but its always good to have goals. Truth is I just might remove the cover sit in the cockpit and have a couple of wabbly pops.

Nov 8, 2010
Beneteau First 36.7 & 260 Minneapolis MN & Bayfield WI
Its killing me because the YC crane and slips are open, but BlueJ is heading in for a full bottom job. Soda blasting, POR fix for the keel, epoxy fair and bottom, then VC-17. I've banged around with a old coat of Micron for too long, with the iron keel rusting through by the end of the season, Will be interesting to see what she looks like in 10 days, and how the season goes!

17807463_10155973078536978_4632208860286688785_o.jpg