Year and Model Qusetions and need parts

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 29, 2009
Beneteau First 32s.5 Harbor Island Yacht Club Nashville
I have an O'Day 25 Hull #XDY60179M75L
What is the model number?
Year manufactued?
I am adding a vang.. why was there not one on it ? did it not need one?

I want to add a swim ladder... anyone have used one..??

lovelace.gene@gmail.com

Sep 25, 2008
Oday 25 Gibraltar
Mine doesn't have a vang either. Apparently it was an option that the original owner didn't think he needed- along with an anchor light, halyard winch, compass and a genoa.

Jun 1, 2004
Hunter 27 Cave Run Lake, Morehead,KY
Model Number

Gene: Are you sure that the HIN isn't XDYG0179M75L? I believe that the G after the XDY is the designator for the 25 model. Also, your boat is a 1975 model.

Sep 25, 2008
Oday 25 Arboles, Co
XDYG0179M75L?Translates as:?XDY = O'DAY?G = 25?0179 = this was the 179th O'DAY 25 built?M75 = 1975 Model Year?and I believe that L = month of manufacture, in this case, July and since the 1975 Model year ran from August 1974 to July 1975, your boat was built in July 1975.

I have borrowed this information from a prior forum posting and used it to decode the information on our O'day 25 hull id number.

Rudy Nickerson at D & R Marine is available for ordering parts original to the O'Days as well as a wealth of information about questions you might have concerning refits, repairs, etc.

Good luck!??

Apr 29, 2009
I have added the vang.. and many other upgrades.. As I am sure you have.. what have you used for an anchor light... run a flashlight up the pole????

Apr 29, 2009
Re: Model Number

Could be a G.. I willl check it this weekend...

May 7, 2006
Catalina 28 Mark 1 New Bern
Anchor light

I have added the vang.. and many other upgrades.. As I am sure you have.. what have you used for an anchor light... run a flashlight up the pole????
Gene I bought a Davis Mega light for my 222 and it works great. LOw power draw. You just plug into a 12volt outlet and raise it on a halyard.

May 6, 2009
Oday Daysailer Lake Martin, AL
Is there anywhere else to buy parts?

As for parts, you can always check drmarine.com
I have been trying to buy some parts through drmarine.com. I stress "trying" because so far they haven't answered a single email I've sent, and I started trying in February. I haven't actually placed an order because I need to ask some questions first, and they DO have a "contact us" option on the website. Either that's just for show or they're raking in enough dollars that they don't need mine. Either way, I'm looking for another option for buying parts, and am open to recommendations.

Oct 10, 2006
Oday 222 Mt. Pleasant, SC
As you've noticed, email can be a bad option for contacting Rudy. I've had decent luck, but others (yourself included) don't. Calling is the best way to contact. I just ordered a couple things from him on Friday and they came in yesterday.

Jan 24, 2005
Oday 222 Dighton, Ma.
Re: Is there anywhere else to buy parts?

Lakebum,
You're better off calling Rudy than emailing him. He gets 100s of emails each day and his wife Debbie tries to get to them all but it gets overwhelming for the two of them to keep up and answer the phone. They live about seven miles away from me and I stop in to see them occasionally, so I know first hand. They not only get orders from all over the country, but all over the world. Most of the time Rudy is running around in there like a chicken with his head cut off. So give him a call and he'll take care of you a lot faster.
Joe

Status
Not open for further replies.