Yards S.W. Florida

cptjak

Apr 13, 2010
CS 36 T Channel Islands Harbor
Any recommendations for do it yourself boat yards that can un-step a mast in the Naples to Punta Gorda area

Sumner

Jan 31, 2009
Macgregor & Endeavour 26S and 37 Utah's Canyon Country
Option 1: Charlotte Harbor Boat Storage (CHBS) = 1st choice and where we keep the Endeavour.
They now have a waiting list that is pretty long but if you don't want to permanently leave the boat there they have some spaces set aside for short term storage and they have a crane. Minimum on crane is $200 but that can be spread over two lifts, at least that was what happened with us in Jan getting the engine/transmission out so I could have the transmission rebuilt and included putting it back in. Total time on the crane was about 30 minutes.

Option 2: Safe Haven is next door and I think CHBS will take their crane to that yard.

Option 3: Another option is there is another yard down the road about a mile from CHBS that belongs to the father of the two brothers who own CHBS. The boats come out using CHBS well and go down the road to this yard about a mile away on a transporter the yard uses. I'm sure the crane will probably go to that yard also.

Check all of the above out. Do you want to live on the boat while doing this work. Option 1 and 3 are best for that and you can work on the boat in those yards but if someone else works on it they have to be licensed/insured. You can work on your boat at Safe Haven but don't know the rules if you have someone come into the yard to work on it, they might be the same as the other two???

Sumner
==================================================================================
1300 miles to The Bahamas and Back in the Mac...
Endeavour 37 Mods...
MacGregor 26-S Mods...
Mac Trips to Utah, Idaho, Wyoming, Canada, Florida, Bahamas

cptjak

Apr 13, 2010
CS 36 T Channel Islands Harbor
Thanks Sumner hopping to only be there for 2 weeks max and wanting to load boat on transport right after that.