Yanmar3gm30f- saltwater hose leaking

Oct 2, 2010
Beneteau 36 cc Humlebæk
I recently replaced the saltwater hose connecting the rawwater pump with the heatechanger.

Now there is a slight leak of saltwater from the connection between hose and the heat exchanger.

I have tightened the hose clamp as much as I dared to.

Any tips or tricks on how to fix this is welcome

[

Sep 15, 2009
S2 9.2a Fairhope Al
I recently replaced the saltwater hose connecting the rawwater pump with the heatechanger.

Now there is a slight leak of saltwater from the connection between hose and the heat exchanger.

[
if it is leaking at the heat exchanger connection take it back off and make sure you have a clean hose barb connection on the heat exchanger hose barb and look in side the hose and see that it is free of any trash inside the hose and hook it back up and tighten the hose back up and test it for leaks

Jul 19, 2013
Hunter 33 New Orleans
Pull it part clean the connections both hose and engine, little sand paper wire brush. Little non harding gasket sealer may help also. Replace the hose clamp. Check to be sure the connection has not split.

Oct 2, 2010
Beneteau 36 cc Humlebæk
Thanx for your advice - much appreciated. The difficult thing about being a new do-it-yourself guy is knowing the tricks not mentioned in the manual

Oct 29, 2005
Hunter Marine 326 303 Singapore
Do remember to wash the engine after fixing leaks. Seawater corrodes stuff fast.

Jun 3, 2014
Shannon 28 Branford, CT, USA

[
I use two hoseclamps wherever they fit, and make sure they are 316 stainless. This is not something you want to skimp on.

Sailm8

Feb 21, 2008
Hunter 29.5 Punta Gorda
Make sure this is a preformed yanmar hose or you may find it will kink/collapse under load. I thought I would be smart and save some bucks by just buying a length of heater hose and fish it through. Worked for short trips but when it got really warm for a prolonged period it softened and collapsed. It acted just like a blown impeller so when the alarm when off I opened the pump to change it and there was nothing wrong. I had to be towed. Took me a day to figure out what happened.

RichH

Feb 14, 2005
Tayana 37 cutter; I20/M20 SCOWS Worton Creek, MD
Most Yanmars for this application use 22mm hose. Most folks 'retrofit' with 1" (25mm); hence the problem with 'tightening down'.
The closest SAE size for 22mm is 7/8" diameter, youll have to heat it, then apply soap to allow it to slip on.

Sep 15, 2009
S2 9.2a Fairhope Al
did you for any reason take the nipple out of the heat ex-changer (cant remember if it is removable or not) if so it might be leaking in the thread connection ...you may have to re tighten it and put new sealant on the connection threads