Yanmar YSM-12 Exhaust

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

Chris_B

Belive it or not, I am not asking about the Mixing elbow. I've replaced that twice, got it down pat. I am asking about a muffler system. My Exhaust mixture runs through a stainless? metal cylinder before going overboard. I believe it is leaking fumes. I went to replcae it but found no comarable muffler in Boat US or West. It is a straight shot, in one side, out the other, so its not a water lift. the hose size is either 1 1/4 or 1 1/2. Any ideas where I can get a replacment. My other option is to by a Water lift and re-plum the whole thing. Yuck.

R

Roland

Muffler

Had the same problem a few years ago. The muffler has baffles in it that make it act as a water lift, although the water does not remain inside for very long causing it to be quite warm on the discharge side. So far not a problem. Now, to your real problem of the leaks. I, also, was unable to find a replacement, so I took it out and glassed the whole thing in with 5 layers of glass mat and West System epoxy. Probably overkill but still working after 4 years and no leaks. If you should happen to find a suitable replacement that would just slide in with no modifications, let us know. -Roland s/v Fraulein II

T

Terry

DID YOU CONTACT HUNTER MARINE...?

They can tell you where to go, or source it for you. This assumes the maker is still in business. Greg in customer service has been very helpful in the past. Terry

Status
Not open for further replies.