yanmar sb8 question

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

R Paquin

Would anyone be familar with what the three lights on the yanmar panel mean? Thanks!

B

Brett

Warning Lights

If they are the same as on a YSM 12, they are Oil Pressure, Charging, and Temperature warning lights. IF you switch the key on, w/o starting the motor, the Oil and Charging lights will be on. The Temp will not be. You can disconnect the Oil pressure sending unit wire and figure out which one is Oil. On my YSM 12, the wires are identified by a letter near the connector. The letters are something like O, C and T.

G

Interesting

Is that left to right as you look at the panel? I usually only get one light, then I was starting it up the other day, and I have two lights (left two.) Does your panel have rpm gauge to the left with a smaller oil gauge center, and then three lights to the right side of the panel? thanks! R Paquin

B

Brett

Modified Panel

I do not have a Tach, nor a oil pressure gauge. The panel basically has a buzzer, key switch, starter button and the three lights. I had to replace the panel that my engine controls were in with one I had made, so they may not be in the original order from left to right. You may try the Torreson Yanmar forum at the link below. I'm sure they can sort them out for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.