Yanmar parts in Seattle / Washington State

Jan 12, 2016
Beneteau 311 Seattle, WA
Does anyone have a good supplier of spare Yanmar parts in Seattle or Washington State? Many of the online stores that I find refuse to ship to Washington because of some sort of licensing or otherwise - I can't actually figure out why.

I need to order some spares ASAP before a trip next week, and I'd also like to have an option for in-person service on the engine if I decide not to do my own, but that's less important.

jssailem

SBO Weather and Forecasting Forum Jim & John
Oct 22, 2014
CAL 35 Cruiser #21 moored EVERETT WA
Are they unique parts? I find Fisheries Supply reasonable and quite resourceful at getting the parts I've needed. Though I have a perkins not a yanmar.

druid

Apr 22, 2009
Ontario 32 Pender Harbour
Yeah, welcome to Yanmar's World. They basically eliminate online shopping - you HAVE to go to the local dealer (who pays a hefty sum for BEING the "local dealer"). Depending on the part, it may not be "unique" (in particular, many parts are interchangable with John Deere), but the local dealers (remember? the ones who paid a Hefty Sum...) don't like you to know that.

druid

arf145

Nov 4, 2010
Beneteau 331 Deale, MD
Yeah, welcome to Yanmar's World. They basically eliminate online shopping - you HAVE to go to the local dealer....
I've bought many Yanmar parts online, from marinedieseldirect or NiemecMarine. You're right though, Yanmar controls where dealers can sell--both of those can only sell to buyers on the east coast and maybe the midwest. Maybe there's an online dealer for the west coast.

genec

Dec 30, 2010
Pacific Seacraft Orion27 HP: San Diego, M: Anacortes
Arrrrgggg dealing with this same problem... and it is a freaking joke.

The "dealers" I have been to on the west coast are not selling on line, and tend to be a hole in the wall place that may or may not have the parts you need... wherein they themselves have to order something and you have to wait for their shipment before you can WALK into their hole in the wall to buy it.

It's a joke.
Galley Marine has an on line email form... you submit what you need, and they may eventually get back to you with their "bid."

http://marinedieselparts.com/store/yanmar.htm has a beautiful on line page with all the parts listed, with prices. Heck, it's better than Amazon. GRIN

Yanmar America just says "go to a dealer."

Mar 20, 2016
Beneteau 351 WYC Whitby
Are they unique parts? I find Fisheries Supply reasonable and quite resourceful at getting the parts I've needed. Though I have a perkins not a yanmar.
I have a perkins too M30, caterpillar bought them years ago. I go to local cat dealer parts /filters are half the price.
Volvo 2010,2020 and 2030 are also perkins M10,M20 and M30 which all parts can be bought from cat dealer
My filter had a cat P/N when he picked it ,it was perkins filter in cat box

Mikem

Dec 20, 2009
Hunter 466 Bremerton
I recently had much better luck with Hatton Marine at 206-283-5501. Chris was very, very helpful. Yanmar is very proud of their parts but Chris was quick and accurate with research, asked the right questions, called me back pronto, and was polite and professional.