Yanmar Owner's Training

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 9, 2005
- - St Joseph, MI
I had the opportunity to take this 1-day course this week in Wauconda, IL at the regional location of Mack Boring and Parts, the Yanmar distributor for the NE and NCentral parts of the US. My goal was to learn how to reduce my engine maintenance expenses. The program was great for me, as I have improperly done just about everything that I have done and not done some very important items. All of the info was relevant, some very sobering, some gives the confidence to know how to do many things myself - the right way. Had I known how good this is, I would have also regestered for the following 2-day hands-on program where students actually tear down the engines and re-assemble them. I will definitely do that next winter.

M

Margaritaville

Wish they had that down in the south.

I would register today!

Sep 9, 2005
- - St Joseph, MI
You just missed it!

They had a class at their Wilmington, NC location in mid-January. It looks like they have 1 set of classes each year at their branch locations and quite a few at their main office in Union, NJ. There is a distributor for the SE and Gulf Coast but Yanmar's web site is messed up and those pages will not come up. I'm sure if you contacted Mack, they would give you the contact info for your regional distributor. We had a man from Kansas that keeps his sailboat in Slidel, LA in our class. A look at their web site will give you a better idea of the content of the courses.

Grizz

Jan 13, 2006
Hunter 28.5 Park Ridge, IL
29th in Wauconda...

...for me. Looking forward to it for the same reason you listed. Reminder arrived in today's e-mail. Looking forward to it :)

Status
Not open for further replies.