Yanmar instrument panel overhaul

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 25, 2006
Hunter 34 Bayou Chico - Pensacola
Mission accomplished but still need a warning beeper

I got the panel rebuilt with new instruments using artificial wood from Home Depot as the panel material but found out that the PO had cut up the internal wiring on the warning beeper. I haven't had any luck getting a Yanmar parts supplier to locate a replacement and probably wouldn't like the price if I found one. If anybody has the beeper from a panel that you've removed I sure would appreciate an email. The other issue I have is that the warning lights work but they aren't bright enough to be seen in direct sunlight. If anyone has a source for replacements I'd like to hear about that as well.

Attachments

druid

Apr 22, 2009
Ontario 32 Pender Harbour
I did the same as capejt - made my own panel. I got a tach used from the local dealer (Yanmar is VERY picky about dealers - there's no way you can get a Yanmar part from anyone but Authorized Dealer), bought LED-based panel lights for the warning lights, sonalert for the sound, "standard" (can't recal the mfr) panel gauges for temp and fuel, and "standard" ignition switch. Bought the temp sender from the Yanmar Dealer, but it was a generic part. Mounted it all on a plexiglass panel, painted green to match the cockpit.

You COULD go with an alternator-based tach, but they're notoriously innacurate and tend to "fail" when the battery's fully charged (no output from alt!)

Mickey: those audible alarms are called "sonalert" and are available from most electronic shops. Warning lights are just 12VDC panel lights, also avail from electronic shops (I got Fancy waterproof LED lights that are VERY visible in sunlight, but cost $20 each...). Radio Shack used to carry this kind of stuff (not any more), but I got mine from Active Components in Vancouver.

druid

Status
Not open for further replies.