dLj

Mar 23, 2017
Belliure 41 Sailing back to the Chesapeake
That's all I got - good luck!

dj

Sailm8

Feb 21, 2008
Hunter 29.5 Punta Gorda
The yanmar manual is already available under boat info - downloads.

Jul 1, 1998
Hunter Legend 35 Poulsbo/Semiahmoo WA
Its a lot of work cleaning out the fuel tank so maybe that is one reason is taking so long. Secondly, I have a sneaking suspicion that after cleaning it still doesn't work because ... it could be a mixing elbow that is too clogged.
With a used new-boat-owner not knowing when the elbow was changed a good suggestion would be to just buy a new elbow (w/ coupling and gasket) and change it out. Good time to replace the supply and return hoses (> marine grade), too.. If nothing changes with regard to operation, save the old one, if it was okay for later. If it runs then that was the problem.

Oct 22, 2014
CAL 35 Cruiser #21 moored EVERETT WA
@Tartan 30
You ever get the motor to fire off?
I was wondering.. You clean the fuel and did the bleed thing. Do you happen to have a vacuum gauge on your fuel line? I put one in the line right after my Secondary Filter. It tells me if the line has a vacuum indicating how hard the pump has to work to get fuel. If the vacuum is high (above -10 on my gauge) I know there is a problem upstream from the gauge ( i.e. clogged filter or blockage in tank pickup). They are cheap to install and could help you in diagnosis. It also has saved me from spending $10 on a new Racor filter each time I suspect there is an issue.

Happy to see you changed the copper seals on the Banjo fittings. It was an idea that jumped out at me.

If you try the vacuum gauge and see there is no vacuum, then you can start looking for an air leak. Because you should see a vacuum on the gauge as you suck fuel out of the tank and into the engine fuel system.